Why doesn't the socket always work ?
Author Message
 Why doesn't the socket always work ?

I wrote a little program that passes on information to another program
useing the built-in sockets of RealBasic. However on weird occasions the
data doesn't arrive. I see that it's being sent to the machine but it
doesn't appear. Quitting the program and restarting solves this. Am
using OS X 10.2.2. Any1 has an idea ?

Thanks in advance !

--
grt,
Sander v:L

Sun, 01 May 2005 07:42:30 GMT
 Why doesn't the socket always work ?

Quote:
> I wrote a little program that passes on information to another program
> useing the built-in sockets of RealBasic. However on weird occasions the
> data doesn't arrive. I see that it's being sent to the machine but it
> doesn't appear. Quitting the program and restarting solves this. Am
> using OS X 10.2.2. Any1 has an idea ?

> Thanks in advance !

Unless I am mistaken, there are two causes for your problem.
First would be the port may not be listening.  I normally solve this by
using a timer that just constantly tells the port to listen, But only while
it is on the net.
The second problem would probably be the socket needs to be updated.  For
this I would try to call the socket's poll command.

Good Luck,

David Coffey

Tue, 10 May 2005 00:51:07 GMT
 Why doesn't the socket always work ?

Quote:
> I wrote a little program that passes on information to another program
> useing the built-in sockets of RealBasic. However on weird occasions the
> data doesn't arrive. I see that it's being sent to the machine but it
> doesn't appear. Quitting the program and restarting solves this. Am
> using OS X 10.2.2. Any1 has an idea ?

> Thanks in advance !

Sorry, I made a mistake.

The easiest way to solve your problem is to setup a timer.
Have the timer "refresh" or run every 10 sec. to ensure a
stable connection.

Tue, 10 May 2005 23:27:19 GMT

1. WININET doesn't always work

2. Help - why doesn't this conjunction work?

3. Why doesn't this function work?

4. Why doesn't this equate work

5. why doesn't FILE{Prop:label} work?

6. Why doesn't this subclass code work?

7. Why doesn't this code work?

8. Why doesn't this WORK?

9. Why doesn't SELF.RestoreField(MyField) work ?

10. why doesn't this hold() code work?

11. Why doesn't my toolbar work?

12. Why doesn't SELF.RestoreField(MyField) work ?