Saving a picture to file- colour depth problem?
Author Message
 Saving a picture to file- colour depth problem?

Hi,

I can't save a picture in any colour depth other than that at which the
monitor is set regardless of the depth of the original picture. What am I
doing wrong?

The following will save at 4bit if the monitor is at 256 colours but it will
be saved at 16bit if the monitor is at thousands of colours. It doesn't seem
to care about the colour depth of the picture.

--------------------
Dim p as Picture
Dim f as FolderItem

p=newpicture(200,200,4)

f = GetSaveFolderItem("image/x-pict","256colours.pic")
if f <> nil then
f.SaveAsPicture p
end if
---------------------

I really need to save it as a 256 colour pict. Any help appreciated.

Paul

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:54:00 GMT
 Saving a picture to file- colour depth problem?

Quote:
> I can't save a picture in any colour depth other than that at which the
> monitor is set regardless of the depth of the original picture. What am I
> doing wrong?

Interesting, Ive never noticed this because I usually work and save 24bit.
Have you tried using the QTgraphicsExporter class. If just saving through
the exporter doesnt work, then you can call up its 'request settings' dialog
and set the depth there, I know that works. But I think you'll to need bring
the dialog up every time you use the program to set the depth :(

-Laz

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 13:25:11 GMT

1. How to save picture to a BMP file?

2. Save Report to File.vi closing file problems

3. saving jpg picture files

4. Saving a file -> Save as type

5. In-depth testing the Topspeed file driver

6. In-Depth File Systems Information?

7. In-Depth File Systems Information?

8. Mask and saving picture

9. Printing colour images on a colour printer

10. Saving Picture in Database

11. Save Picture in a database

12. How to WRITE/SAVE picture data into BMP format