Need AE help
Author Message
 Need AE help

Hallo,

is somebody here to help me? I want to send a keyboardevent or
appleevent to another application, that simulates a "apple-v" (insert
from clipboard) keystroke.

Can this have problems. if my application send this while it is in back?
Or should my application in foreground and the receiving application is
in back?

Thank  you.

Frank

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need AE help

Quote:

> Hallo,

> is somebody here to help me? I want to send a keyboardevent or
> appleevent to another application, that simulates a "apple-v" (insert
> from clipboard) keystroke.

> Can this have problems. if my application send this while it is in back?
> Or should my application in foreground and the receiving application is
> in back?

> Thank  you.

> Frank

If the application in question has a scripting event for pasting, you
should work with that. Otherwise, you'll need to call the toolbox call
PPostEvent, to send a keydown event.

--
"A speck of dust now blows away/Epiphanies can never stay."

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need AE help
Isn't PPostEvent just for the operating system? Wil it perform an
interapplication communication AE?
tom
remove obvious stuff from email address to reply.
Quote:

> > Hallo,

> > is somebody here to help me? I want to send a keyboardevent or
> > appleevent to another application, that simulates a "apple-v" (insert
> > from clipboard) keystroke.

> > Can this have problems. if my application send this while it is in back?
> > Or should my application in foreground and the receiving application is
> > in back?

> > Thank  you.

> > Frank

> If the application in question has a scripting event for pasting, you
> should work with that. Otherwise, you'll need to call the toolbox call
> PPostEvent, to send a keydown event.

> --
> "A speck of dust now blows away/Epiphanies can never stay."

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Need AE help

Quote:
> Isn't PPostEvent just for the operating system? Wil it perform an
> interapplication communication AE?
> tom

Wait, I was wrong. I was remembering the wrong name for
PostHighLevelEvent, which lets you specify a target for an event.

You can't use it for AE.

--
"A speck of dust now blows away/Epiphanies can never stay."

Wed, 01 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

2. Sending AE to FMPro...

3. AE/Network Setup Scripting/OS 9.1

4. How do I create AE in RB?

5. New Release of AE Program Profiling System

6. First Release of the AE Tracing System

7. 1 A.E sought

8. AE Positions available

9. AE/AEC Positions @ Mentor Graphics

10. Mentor AE Position available, Waltham MA

11. Attention Verilog AE's

12. Mentor AE Position available, Waltham MA