Carbon Builds on PPC w/o 10.x
Author Message
 Carbon Builds on PPC w/o 10.x

Hi,

I'm testing my application as a carbon build under Mac OS 9.1 on a PowerPC
6200. When I launch my app, I am displayed with a movable modal window looks
fine and all works correctly. When I close this window and my app opens my
global floating window, all the controls look disabled.

It contains 4 bevelbuttons (1 with a menu) which when clicked on change and
look enabled, 2 placards which stay disabled looking, a little arrows
control which looks disabled and won't do anything when clicked on and 3
editfields: 1 should get a focus ring which it doesn't, and the scrollbar
remains disabled looking when clicked on, the other two editfields look
fine. Also I noticed that the title bar is empty when it should contain a
caption.

Then when I open a movable modal dialog (for my prefs and another one for
something else), the window is disabled looking to - as if it was in the
background (NOTE: my GFW closes before either movable modal opens).

Can someone shed some light on this? What's going on?

See ya :-)

-------------------------
Chris Willis

-------------------------

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:04:04 GMT
 Carbon Builds on PPC w/o 10.x

Quote:

> I'm testing my application as a carbon build under Mac OS 9.1 on a PowerPC
> 6200. When I launch my app, I am displayed with a movable modal window looks
> fine and all works correctly. When I close this window and my app opens my
> global floating window, all the controls look disabled.

What version of RB are you using?

- Joe

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:09:54 GMT
 Carbon Builds on PPC w/o 10.x

wrote on 8/8/01 11:09 pm:

Quote:

>> I'm testing my application as a carbon build under Mac OS 9.1 on a PowerPC
>> 6200. When I launch my app, I am displayed with a movable modal window looks
>> fine and all works correctly. When I close this window and my app opens my
>> global floating window, all the controls look disabled.

> What version of RB are you using?

> - Joe

The latest beta: 3.5b4

See ya :-)

-------------------------
Chris Willis

-------------------------

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:15:10 GMT
 Carbon Builds on PPC w/o 10.x

Quote:

> >> I'm testing my application as a carbon build under Mac OS 9.1 on a PowerPC
> >> 6200. When I launch my app, I am displayed with a movable modal window
> looks
> >> fine and all works correctly. When I close this window and my app opens my
> >> global floating window, all the controls look disabled.

> The latest beta: 3.5b4

Well, I can't reproduce that; controls look fine in a GFW under OS9 for
me.  Please try to simplify your project -- eliminate the initial
movable modal dialog, etc.  If the problem goes away, it may be
something in your code.  If it doesn't, there's some weird difference
between your system and mine, and you should report it with REALbugs.

Best,
- Joe

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:55:49 GMT

1. RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash...

2. RB apps built under 10.1.5 crash under 10.2

3. SQLExpress, build 2.0.10 released

4. Harbour build 10

5. Building python on HPUX-10.2

6. competing panic declarations building expect on Mac OS X 10.3.4

7. IVF 10: IO speed slower with full optimizations than with a debug build

8. Mac CodeWarrior IDE Crash building Tcl PPC Libraries in Tcl/Tk 8.0.5

9. Numbers from 1 to 10 (was Numbers from 1 to 10 in Over 4500 Languages)

10. Numbers from 1 to 10 (was Numbers from 1 to 10 in Over 4500 Languages)

11. mouse sample - regist.arj (10/10)

12. 10 x 10 Multiplication Grid