RB and AppleScript
Author Message
 RB and AppleScript

Hello group,

I am trying to teach my project some AppleScript. On request from an
other App it should return a string value.
As there was an example in RealBASIC the definitive guide I tried to
stay close to it, but Mr. Neuburg uses an OS 9 Program to set the 'aete'
recource so the program would have it's own dictionary.

How is it possiblem to do this using X?

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian.

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 06:55:17 GMT
 RB and AppleScript

Quote:
> I am trying to teach my project some AppleScript. On request from an
> other App it should return a string value.
> As there was an example in RealBASIC the definitive guide I tried to
> stay close to it, but Mr. Neuburg uses an OS 9 Program to set the 'aete'
> recource so the program would have it's own dictionary.

> How is it possiblem to do this using X?

Best way is to launch EightyRez under Classic (that's what Classic is
for, after all!).  Or, you can shell yout $256 for Resourcerer.

BTW, if you want to do this, you should definitely get the last issue of
RB Developer, and the next one too.  There is a two-part article on the
topic that looks excellent.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:28:32 GMT
 RB and AppleScript

Quote:

> Best way is to launch EightyRez under Classic (that's what Classic is
> for, after all!).  Or, you can shell yout $256 for Resourcerer.

There is an OS X 'aete' editor in the works that'll be cheaper than
Resourcerer, but I won't say more than that as it's not my product and
not my place to give prerelease details (as if I had any).

Quote:
> BTW, if you want to do this, you should definitely get the last issue of
> RB Developer, and the next one too.  There is a two-part article on the
> topic that looks excellent.

Thanks for the plug, Joe!  :-)  To find it a little faster, it's in the
Advanced Techniques column.

Also, note that it's important to read up a bit on Apple's
documentation of AppleEvents.  There's extensive documentation at:

<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/IAC/IAC-2.html>

Enjoy!

--
-Thomas

e-mail me at thomasareed at <insert home planet> + link.net

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:11:46 GMT
 RB and AppleScript

Quote:

> Best way is to launch EightyRez under Classic (that's what Classic is
> for, after all!).  Or, you can shell yout $256 for Resourcerer.

So I have tried runing it from classic. It seems to work because in
AppleScript under X I get the correct library now.

Thank you.

Quote:
> BTW, if you want to do this, you should definitely get the last issue of
> RB Developer, and the next one too.  There is a two-part article on the
> topic that looks excellent.

Sad but true, I don't think it is available in germany.

Thank you anyway.

Best regards,

Sebastian.

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:17:33 GMT
 RB and AppleScript

Quote:

>> Best way is to launch EightyRez under Classic (that's what Classic is
>> for, after all!).  Or, you can shell yout $256 for Resourcerer.

> So I have tried runing it from classic. It seems to work because in
> AppleScript under X I get the correct library now.

> Thank you.

>> BTW, if you want to do this, you should definitely get the last issue of
>> RB Developer, and the next one too.  There is a two-part article on the
>> topic that looks excellent.

> Sad but true, I don't think it is available in germany.

> Thank you anyway.

> Best regards,

> Sebastian.

RBD has a PDF subscription too. You can get that anywhere around the
world...

--
Didier

RB Developper columnist.
http://www.sungnyemun.org
dda (o) sungnyemun . org

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:12:56 GMT
 RB and AppleScript

Quote:
>> BTW, if you want to do this, you should definitely get the last issue of
>> RB Developer, and the next one too.  There is a two-part article on the
>> topic that looks excellent.

> Sad but true, I don't think it is available in germany.

I get it here in the UK, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get it in
Germany.

--
Charlie Boisseau

Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:39:31 GMT

1. RB and AppleScript question again.

2. Question about RB and AppleScript

3. Applescript/RB Question.

4. Hot to run AppleScript within my RB prog?

5. Start running an uncompiled AppleScript by RB app

6. calling applescript from RB again

7. Applescript/RB help

8. RB QuickStart Guider from RB

9. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

10. RB Entwickler gesucht / RB Developers wanted

11. RB: row order by RB database

12. protocol.rb http.rb 1.1.24