RB 452 DEMO and MySQL
Author Message
 RB 452 DEMO and MySQL

Is there a known reason why the mysql plugin wouldn't function properly
on an RB4.5.2 DEMO license ?

(waiting on my number....)

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 03:29:46 GMT
 RB 452 DEMO and MySQL
Quote:

> Is there a known reason why the mysql plugin wouldn't function properly
> on an RB4.5.2 DEMO license ?

> (waiting on my number....)

Falling back on RB4.0 cleared it so I suppose the DEMO disabled the
functionality.

But my search to a mysql reference for RB still goes on....

Sat, 06 Aug 2005 20:59:29 GMT
 RB 452 DEMO and MySQL

Quote:

> > Is there a known reason why the mysql plugin wouldn't function properly
> > on an RB4.5.2 DEMO license ?

> > (waiting on my number....)

> Falling back on RB4.0 cleared it so I suppose the DEMO disabled the
> functionality.

> But my search to a mysql reference for RB still goes on....

Hello,

I use MySQL with RB 4.5.  It's mainly a matter of learning the SQL
language and how to structure a database well, which is independent of
RB.  For this I suggest http://www.mysql.com as a comprehensive
reference.  The documentation there is searchable and I refer to it a
lot.

The one thing that threw me at first was that I had to use:

dim MyDB as MySQLdatabase
MyDB = new MySQLdatabase

to initialize the database.  Then you refer to the other
properties/methods as you would for a normal Database class.  I guess
MySQLdatabase is a subclass of Database class.  The language
reference/help documents explain how to work with the rest of the
properties and methods.

Hope this helps,
Shannon

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 06:58:18 GMT
 RB 452 DEMO and MySQL

Quote:

>>>Is there a known reason why the mysql plugin wouldn't function properly
>>>on an RB4.5.2 DEMO license ?

>>>(waiting on my number....)

>>Falling back on RB4.0 cleared it so I suppose the DEMO disabled the
>>functionality.

>>But my search to a mysql reference for RB still goes on....

> Hello,

> I use MySQL with RB 4.5.  It's mainly a matter of learning the SQL
> language and how to structure a database well, which is independent of
> RB.  For this I suggest http://www.mysql.com as a comprehensive
> reference.  The documentation there is searchable and I refer to it a
> lot.

> The one thing that threw me at first was that I had to use:

> dim MyDB as MySQLdatabase
> MyDB = new MySQLdatabase

That one I figured out yesterday :-)

Quote:

> to initialize the database.  Then you refer to the other
> properties/methods as you would for a normal Database class.  I guess
> MySQLdatabase is a subclass of Database class.  The language
> reference/help documents explain how to work with the rest of the
> properties and methods.

> Hope this helps,
> Shannon

Thanks for looking into this Shannon

Bart Pietercil

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:54:08 GMT

1. MySQL and RB 4.5

2. From Demo to Full RB 5.1

3. mysql RB plugin reference

4. RB for windows demo bug?

5. RB 4.5 and Mysql plugin problem

6. ext/tcltklib/demo/lines1.rb failed

7. RB QuickStart Guider from RB

8. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

9. RB Entwickler gesucht / RB Developers wanted

10. RB: row order by RB database

11. protocol.rb http.rb 1.1.24

12. replace setup.rb/install.rb with builtin module