REALBasic 3.2 & Databases
Author Message
 REALBasic 3.2 & Databases

Can someone point me in the direction of some documentation about the
database control.  Like how to connect to a mysql or posgresql server
without using overly priced plugins.  Thanks in advance.

Brian

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 12:19:09 GMT
 REALBasic 3.2 & Databases

Quote:

> Can someone point me in the direction of some documentation about the
> database control.  Like how to connect to a mysql or posgresql server
> without using overly priced plugins.  Thanks in advance.

Mysql requires a plugin (whether overly priced or not); however
postgresQL is one of the standard plugins we ship with REALbasic.  You
should already have this plugin in your plugins folder, and it's
documented under such functions as OpenPostgreSQLDatabase.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:31:45 GMT
 REALBasic 3.2 & Databases

Quote:
> Can someone point me in the direction of some documentation about the
> database control.  Like how to connect to a mysql or posgresql server
> without using overly priced plugins.  Thanks in advance.

> Brian

The mysql plugin is avalable for about $30. It's not exactly expensive.
However it does not do carbon yet....

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:08:26 GMT

1. Where to download RealBasic 3.2?

2. serial number for realBasic 3.2 pro

3. Matching Data Types between RealBasic and the RealBasic Database

4. samples for REALbasic&s Database

5. Blinker 3.2 & lost clusters

6. Blinker 3.2 & OS/2

7. extconf.rb & gcc 3.2

8. retrieve environment variables AIX 4.2&MFCobol 3.2

9. Tcl-DP 3.2 & Tcl 8.3.4

10. Problems with Tk 3.2 & Tcl 6.7

11. Looping over a directory and reading Jpegs into a database -- Realbasic 4.5

12. How do you use jpegs in a realbasic database on the PC