REALbasic 4.5?
Author Message
 REALbasic 4.5?

Hi there,

When will v4.5 of REALbasic be made available? I ask, because I need to buy
a copy of REALbasic, but it seems pointless to buy v4.0 only to have to
update to v4.5 soon afterwards.

Regards

Graeme D Warren

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:11:49 GMT
 REALbasic 4.5?

Quote:

> When will v4.5 of REALbasic be made available? I ask, because I need to buy
> a copy of REALbasic, but it seems pointless to buy v4.0 only to have to
> update to v4.5 soon afterwards.

I don't think any firm date has been announced.  However, RB is on a
6-month release cycle, with releases at the start of the year and in
the summer.

HTH,
- Joe

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:18:18 GMT
 REALbasic 4.5?

Quote:
> Hi there,

> When will v4.5 of REALbasic be made available? I ask, because I need to buy
> a copy of REALbasic, but it seems pointless to buy v4.0 only to have to
> update to v4.5 soon afterwards.

I would exspect it for Macworld Expo.
So if you can use the 30 days of the trial.

Maybe in some days RS will make their free upgrade path, so you may buy
than a 4.0 to get 4.5 for free.

Mfg
Christian

>Es gibt kein Programm unter Linux, das in der Lage ist, komplexere
>Word-Dokumente fehlerfrei anzuzeigen.

So ein Programm gibt es aber genausowenig unter Windows :-)

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 01:42:06 GMT
 REALbasic 4.5?

Quote:
> I would exspect it for Macworld Expo.
> So if you can use the 30 days of the trial.

> Maybe in some days RS will make their free upgrade path, so you may buy
> than a 4.0 to get 4.5 for free.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. Is this usually announced on the
REALsoftware website? I have been keeping an eye on it, but no word as yet.

Thanks again

Graeme D Warren

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 05:30:23 GMT
 REALbasic 4.5?

Quote:

> > Maybe in some days RS will make their free upgrade path, so you may buy
> > than a 4.0 to get 4.5 for free.

> Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. Is this usually announced on the
> REALsoftware website? I have been keeping an eye on it, but no word as
> yet.

It usually gets announced on this newsgroup, and on the various RS
mailing lists. If you gave them an email address when you registered,
they might even send you an email.

Or it might not happen at all. Usually does, though.

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:59:06 GMT
 REALbasic 4.5?

Quote:
> Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. Is this usually announced on the
> REALsoftware website? I have been keeping an eye on it, but no word as yet.

on the mailing list.
(If you are in the rb-news list you will get it, I bet)

Mfg
Christian

--
Wer meine Tippfehler findet, darf sie behalten o. im Fundbro abgeben!

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:05:32 GMT
 REALbasic 4.5?

Quote:

> > Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. Is this usually announced on the
> > REALsoftware website? I have been keeping an eye on it, but no word as yet.

> on the mailing list.
> (If you are in the rb-news list you will get it, I bet)

> Mfg
> Christian

I just spoke with Stacy at Realsoftware and she told me that if I
upgraded from 3.2.1 to 4.0 that I would receive a free upgrade to 4.5
when it came out.  She also said that 4.5 is slated to be released in
July....

Ken

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:57:02 GMT

1. Looping over a directory and reading Jpegs into a database -- Realbasic 4.5

2. RealBasic 4.5 ???

3. VAST 4.5 startup problem

4. VA 4.5 Web Connect Feature problem

5. VA 4.5 IIOP and nil objects