Canvas Problem + getting info from iTunes
Author Message
 Canvas Problem + getting info from iTunes

Hi there, I am a complete newbie to RealBasic, but I had an nice
little idea for an application, so I'm giving it a go. It's going okay
so far, but I have a few problems.

Firstly I'm trying to create a canvas which behaves like the example
on the realbasic website ("JPEGs in REALbasic Database").  Yet when I
create it, in the design view it is a white box, rather than a clear
one.  And when I run the program, it doesn't appear, and I can't drop
images into it.

My second problem is that I would like the app to gather information
from iTunes.  I have no idea how to do this, but have noticed there
are several apps available that can do this.

Please excuse me if i'm being stupid.

Many thanks

john

Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:49:20 GMT
 Canvas Problem + getting info from iTunes

Quote:
> Firstly I'm trying to create a canvas which behaves like the example
> on the realbasic website ("JPEGs in REALbasic Database").  Yet when I
> create it, in the design view it is a white box, rather than a clear
> one.

Then I'd say you don't have a canvas there, but something else.  Are
you SURE the superclass is "Canvas"?  And what version of RB are you
running?

Quote:
> My second problem is that I would like the app to gather information
> from iTunes.  I have no idea how to do this, but have noticed there
> are several apps available that can do this.

I'm afraid I have no clue about that either.

Cheers,
- Joe

Fri, 24 Sep 2004 07:38:49 GMT
 Canvas Problem + getting info from iTunes

Quote:

> My second problem is that I would like the app to gather information
> from iTunes.  I have no idea how to do this, but have noticed there
> are several apps available that can do this.

Maybe AppleScript. I've written only a couple very basic applescripts before
so I dont know how to easily look up the info and all of what can be done
with it and iTunes, but I'd imagine coming from Apple, iTunes would heavily
support Apple Scri[pt. Im not sure if this is how it works, but start
applescript and then you select open dictionary and select iTunes and it
will show you all the commands and info.

-Laz

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:54:05 GMT

1. Problems getting a doubleclick on a canvas

2. help: getting size of an image, plus tk canvas problem

3. Problem getting error info

4. Lsit box search like itunes..

5. Shell like iTunes and Toolbar?

6. Problems with resizing canvas within a canvas.

7. Problem picking canvas objects in scrolled canvas

8. .canvas canvas[x,y] + scrolling -> problems

9. canvas with >5000 items gets slow?

10. Saving canvas or window to file - getting desperate!

11. Getting mouse position interms of canvas unit.

12. getting the size of a canvas