Q: How do I start an application from within a realbasic application
Author Message
 Q: How do I start an application from within a realbasic application

I am a novice, can't find my way in the reference guide but want to be able
to call and execute an application from within the buttondown function
action.

Who can tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance

Marcel
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~marceltrapman

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: How do I start an application from within a realbasic application

:> I am a novice, can't find my way in the reference guide but want to be able
:> to call and execute an application from within the buttondown function
:> action.
:>
:> Who can tell me what to do?
:>
:> Thanks in advance
:>
:> Marcel
:> http://home.wxs.nl/~marceltrapman

You first have to have your app construct a FolderItem which points to the
launchable application.  Then you simply use the FolderItem's .Launch
method.  If the item pointed to is a document, it will be opened by (if
necessary) launching the owning app, or if it's an app it will be
launched.

HTH.

= Steve =

--
Steve W. Jackson,  Montgomery, Alabama
http://www.mindspring.com/~sjacksn/stevehome.html

Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: How do I start an application from within a realbasic application
This can open a program that the user selects. (I think it will work)

dim f as folderitem

f = getopenfolderitem("application") 'or whatever the type is for applications.

if f <> nil then
f.launch
end if

Quote:

> I am a novice, can't find my way in the reference guide but want to be able
> to call and execute an application from within the buttondown function
> action.

> Who can tell me what to do?

> Thanks in advance

> Marcel
> http://home.wxs.nl/~marceltrapman

Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I start a browser or mailprogram from within my application

2. VW application within and application

3. Labview Application Builder, Application uninstaller remove the complete Start Menu Program group

4. Starting application inside an application

5. starting another program from within realbasic

6. realbasic for large application?

7. REAL Control Strip 1.0 - control strips for REALbasic applications

8. Huge REALbasic applications

9. Q: can i detemine the system- or realbasic application language

10. Executing a REALbasic application with privileges ?

11. Realbasic opens a window without a NewDocument event on opening the application

12. Running RealBasic Application after Logout on OS-X Server