Error 1010
Author Message
 Error 1010

Hi everyone.
I'm Angelo Scicolone, i wrote a program with REALbasic, PrefsOverload (you
can download a beta release from the link below). But many users mailed me
saying that the application quits because an error 1010 has occured.
My application doesn't do particular things at startup, it only read its
preferences file and checks the system version using the "sysv" gestalt.
For this reason i think that perhaps the problem is in the REALbasic runtime
(i just mailed also REAL Software). I noticed that this problem occurs only
on machines with 604 or 603 processor.
Can you help me?

You can download PrefsOverload from this link:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thanks in advance

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 1010
Actually I'm having a similar error at startup on 604 machines that
doesn't happen anywhere else, amazingly.  One of my apps crashes with a
type 3 at startup, but later on runs fine.  Sometimes it crashes out at
startup, others it doesn't, and sometimes it locks the machine.

Seth

Quote:

> Hi everyone.
> I'm Angelo Scicolone, i wrote a program with REALbasic, PrefsOverload (you
> can download a beta release from the link below). But many users mailed me
> saying that the application quits because an error 1010 has occured.
> My application doesn't do particular things at startup, it only read its
> preferences file and checks the system version using the "sysv" gestalt.
> For this reason i think that perhaps the problem is in the REALbasic runtime
> (i just mailed also REAL Software). I noticed that this problem occurs only
> on machines with 604 or 603 processor.
> Can you help me?

> You can download PrefsOverload from this link:
> http://web.tiscalinet.it/ziksw/software/prefsoverload.html

> Thanks in advance

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 1010
Could this be dependent more on the OS than on the processor? Error 1010 refers
to a bad shared library and Type 3 errors are illegal instructions. With an OS
containing the ObjectSupportLib extension (included in the System file in later
versions) there are often problems. Actually, most of the problems arise when
using the later OS and some 3rd-party app installs this extension, but then there
are other symptoms. Also, take a look at the versions of the Microsoft's shared
libs since a lot of 3rd-party apps install these and they are used quite a bit.

Thomas L. Ferrell, Ph.D.
Life Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Quote:

> Actually I'm having a similar error at startup on 604 machines that
> doesn't happen anywhere else, amazingly.  One of my apps crashes with a
> type 3 at startup, but later on runs fine.  Sometimes it crashes out at
> startup, others it doesn't, and sometimes it locks the machine.

> Seth

> > Hi everyone.
> > I'm Angelo Scicolone, i wrote a program with REALbasic, PrefsOverload (you
> > can download a beta release from the link below). But many users mailed me
> > saying that the application quits because an error 1010 has occured.
> > My application doesn't do particular things at startup, it only read its
> > preferences file and checks the system version using the "sysv" gestalt.
> > For this reason i think that perhaps the problem is in the REALbasic runtime
> > (i just mailed also REAL Software). I noticed that this problem occurs only
> > on machines with 604 or 603 processor.
> > Can you help me?

> > You can download PrefsOverload from this link:
> > http://web.tiscalinet.it/ziksw/software/prefsoverload.html

> > Thanks in advance

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 1010
Indeed error 1010 is a MISSING SHARED LIBARY error ...

Check the machines & set ups but you may be missing one of the Shared
Libraries that RealBasic relies on if you aren't using any plug ins that
rely on them

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.realbasic
> Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 12:32:58 -0400
> Subject: Re: Error 1010

> Could this be dependent more on the OS than on the processor? Error 1010
> refers
> to a bad shared library and Type 3 errors are illegal instructions. With an OS
> containing the ObjectSupportLib extension (included in the System file in
> later
> versions) there are often problems. Actually, most of the problems arise when
> using the later OS and some 3rd-party app installs this extension, but then
> there
> are other symptoms. Also, take a look at the versions of the Microsoft's
> shared
> libs since a lot of 3rd-party apps install these and they are used quite a
> bit.

> Thomas L. Ferrell, Ph.D.
> Life Sciences Division
> Oak Ridge National Laboratory

>> Actually I'm having a similar error at startup on 604 machines that
>> doesn't happen anywhere else, amazingly.  One of my apps crashes with a
>> type 3 at startup, but later on runs fine.  Sometimes it crashes out at
>> startup, others it doesn't, and sometimes it locks the machine.

>> Seth

>>> Hi everyone.
>>> I'm Angelo Scicolone, i wrote a program with REALbasic, PrefsOverload (you
>>> can download a beta release from the link below). But many users mailed me
>>> saying that the application quits because an error 1010 has occured.
>>> My application doesn't do particular things at startup, it only read its
>>> preferences file and checks the system version using the "sysv" gestalt.
>>> For this reason i think that perhaps the problem is in the REALbasic runtime
>>> (i just mailed also REAL Software). I noticed that this problem occurs only
>>> on machines with 604 or 603 processor.
>>> Can you help me?

>>> You can download PrefsOverload from this link:
>>> http://web.tiscalinet.it/ziksw/software/prefsoverload.html

>>> Thanks in advance

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error message Ordlistadd (0) Internal error 1010

2. Error message Internal error 1010

3. internal error 1010

4. internal error 1010

5. internal error 1010

6. Internal error 1010

7. Internal error 1010 ????

8. Error 1010

9. HELP - Internal Error 1010 with NT4.0

10. Internal error 1010

11. How to prevent error 1010

12. internal error 1010