GetOpenFolderItem?
Author Message
 GetOpenFolderItem?

I am having a few problems getting this function to work correctly for me.
I specify the following...

Dim f as folderitem

 f = getopenfolderitem("video/quicktime")

Everytime it brings up the dialog it doesn't show any quicktime videos even
though are are a bunch in the folders I navigate to.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks..

Mark

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:35:16 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem?
You have to specify a type, creator, and name for a new filetype in the file
types dialog. Then you can refer to it in code. For example:
----
dim f as folderitem
// Creator: ????
// Type: MP3
// Name given: Mp3

f = getopenfolderitem("Mp3")
----

Hope this helps.

----------

Quote:

> I am having a few problems getting this function to work correctly for me.
> I specify the following...

> Dim f as folderitem

>  f = getopenfolderitem("video/quicktime")

> Everytime it brings up the dialog it doesn't show any quicktime videos even
> though are are a bunch in the folders I navigate to.

> Any help would be appreciated..

> Thanks..

> Mark

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:17:14 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem?

Ahhh.. I got it.. Thank you.  I see there is a File Types Menu item in RB
that lets me declare that info.  These declarations live in my app forever
right?  Not just on my computer... This way if I compile the app and
distribute it, it will still remember these file types, right?

Thanks..

Mark

On 7/31/01 10:17 PM, in article

Quote:

> You have to specify a type, creator, and name for a new filetype in the file
> types dialog. Then you can refer to it in code. For example:
> ----
> dim f as folderitem
> // Creator: ????
> // Type: MP3
> // Name given: Mp3

> f = getopenfolderitem("Mp3")
> ----

> Hope this helps.

> ----------

>> I am having a few problems getting this function to work correctly for me.
>> I specify the following...

>> Dim f as folderitem

>>  f = getopenfolderitem("video/quicktime")

>> Everytime it brings up the dialog it doesn't show any quicktime videos even
>> though are are a bunch in the folders I navigate to.

>> Any help would be appreciated..

>> Thanks..

>> Mark

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:31:23 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem?

Quote:

> Ahhh.. I got it.. Thank you.  I see there is a File Types Menu item in RB
> that lets me declare that info.  These declarations live in my app forever
> right?  Not just on my computer... This way if I compile the app and
> distribute it, it will still remember these file types, right?

Yes, they're part of your project.

Best,
- Joe

Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:24:33 GMT

1. GetOpenFolderItem and OSXApplications.app

2. GetOpenFolderItem Question?

3. Preview in GetOpenFolderItem

4. Force getOpenFolderItem to specific path ?

5. GetOpenFolderItem and OS X

6. GetOpenFolderItem

7. GetOpenFolderItem and SelectFolder methods

8. How to get GetOpenFolderItem to choose OS X Apps

9. GetOpenFolderItem greyed out items