need help please
Author Message
 need help please

I need some little info
-is it possible to call a ps plugin with rb?

-how to get the address in the memory of a picture load with
openaspicture or a picture object ? and is it possible to move a picture
or load it in a memory block?

-how to decode a picture read in a newsgroup or in a pop server?

thanx

Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:26:12 GMT
 need help please

Quote:

> I need some little info
> -is it possible to call a ps plugin with rb?

Probably, but what exactly do you mean by "a ps plugin"?

Quote:
> -how to get the address in the memory of a picture load with
> openaspicture or a picture object ?

You can't, except perhaps with a plugin.

Quote:
> and is it possible to move a picture or load it in a memory block?

Maybe with a plugin.

Quote:
> -how to decode a picture read in a newsgroup or in a pop server?

What format?

Best,
- Joe

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 03:45:37 GMT
 need help please

Quote:

> > I need some little info
> > -is it possible to call a ps plugin with rb?

> Probably, but what exactly do you mean by "a ps plugin"?

Photoshop. I guess.

--
Dan L.

dim p as programmer

while not(projectdone)
p.caffeinate
wend

Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:39:41 GMT
 need help please

Quote:

> -how to decode a picture read in a newsgroup or in a pop server?

Well, read the specification.
Certainly something like decoding base64 and decompressing a
JPEG/TIFF/etc. image.

Mfg
Christian

--
On Mac Expo in K?ln (Cologne) from 23th to 25th June.
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Fri, 09 Dec 2005 04:42:52 GMT
 need help please

Quote:

> how to decode a picture read in a newsgroup or in a pop server?

The most common encodings in newsgroups are UUencoding, Base64 and yEnc.

The specifications of these encodings are easy to find all over the
Internet.

Base64 decoding is included in REALbasic 5, the others can be made by you
or, in the case of UUencoding, bought from Einhugur.

Or, you could wait until the 15th of August, when my program "PicturePatrol"
arrives on the market ;-) It does what you have in mind...

Best regards,

Richard Altenburg.

Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:03:32 GMT

1. A newbie needs help please...

2. Need Help, please! (to update a list box)

3. i need help please

4. I need help please!!!!!

5. Need Help Please - Queue

6. NEED HELP PLEASE - Font Problem