Web Server - Need some help to start me off
Author Message
 Web Server - Need some help to start me off

Hi all

Well I am looking at write a program that requires a web server at its
heart.

I am looking for either some articles that will help me with or some
examples to get me started.

This program is going to be run on both Mac and Window system.

Well thanks in advance for any help.

Robin

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 05:31:16 GMT
 Web Server - Need some help to start me off

Quote:

> Hi all

> Well I am looking at write a program that requires a web server at its
> heart.

Apache?

Mfg
Christian

--
Your mouse has moved.
Windows has to reboot for changes to take effect.

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 05:38:36 GMT
 Web Server - Need some help to start me off
Was looking at building the web server in to the realbasic application and
not run a separate server.

Will look at a seperate server option but still looking for a starting point
for the server that i can incoporate in the application.

Also can anyone help me with deceting the currect IP a internet connect is
using. Need a soluation for both a mac and wins system, the reason for this
is i want to make aware of a changing IP address on a dial up connection

Thanks

Robin

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 02:52:49 GMT
 Web Server - Need some help to start me off

Quote:

> Will look at a seperate server option but still looking for a starting point
> for the server that i can incoporate in the application.

In the Book from Matt Neuburg about Realbasic he shows how to make a
small webserver.

BTW, it's port 80 and you may listen to port 80 and see what a browser
sends you and than send something like that to a webserver and see the
response...

Quote:
> Also can anyone help me with deceting the currect IP a internet connect is
> using.

socket.localaddress

Mfg
Christian

--
Firmiert Apple in Frankreich eigentlich unter "Pomme"?  ;-)

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 03:10:39 GMT

1. Generic Server for Dolphin now has web server with ST servlets and ST server pages

2. OT: Python Web Developer Needed ASAP (Must be able to start in 2 days)

3. Starting VWave server (PPD Visual Wave Server 1.0) as a service under NT

4. Need advice: serving data using http/web-server to clients ( not only browsers )

5. Generic Server now includes distributed ST and RMI registry, tuple spaces and web server

6. AIDA/Web - Web Application Server released as Open Source

7. Labview Server and G web Server

8. Help in invoking the ruby code throught web server

9. HELP! Mac tcl8.0 Web Server problem

10. Need some help, Off Topic..

11. Off topic - need help - Clipper/NT (DOS)

12. Laid off: Need help finding a job fast