Need midi plugin
Author Message
 Need midi plugin

I need a plugin for reading midi files data

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 03:12:13 GMT
 Need midi plugin

Quote:

> I need a plugin for reading midi files data

m=folderitem.openasmovie
movieplayer1.movie=m
movieplayer1.play

Maybe just this?

Mfg
Christian

--
Windows is NOT a virus! - Viruses do something!

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 06:13:20 GMT
 Need midi plugin

Quote:

>> I need a plugin for reading midi files data

> m=folderitem.openasmovie
> movieplayer1.movie=m
> movieplayer1.play

> Maybe just this?

> Mfg
> Christian

I mean that i need a plugin for reading midi data like notes and traks not
only for playng midifiles
I alredy know this!

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 23:35:51 GMT
 Need midi plugin

Quote:

> I mean that i need a plugin for reading midi data like notes and traks not
> only for playng midifiles

Why do you need a plugin for this? Midi data is just data, and the format
is well defined and easy. In fact, my book shows you how to write a simple
program that can read and play a simple standard midi file. It would not
be at all difficult to develop this further. m.

--

          *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 04:42:45 GMT
 Need midi plugin

Quote:

>>> I need a plugin for reading midi files data

>> m=folderitem.openasmovie
>> movieplayer1.movie=m
>> movieplayer1.play

>> Maybe just this?

>> Mfg
>> Christian
> I mean that i need a plugin for reading midi data like notes and traks not
> only for playng midifiles
> I alredy know this!

Can't you just read it as text and then work through it piece by piece to
find the info you need? Of course, you have to know how a MIDI-file is
structured, but when you do you can find your notes, velocity information,
panning and much more by just parsing the text you read from disk.

--

| Richard Altenburg
| Brainchild - the future on its way
| http://www.brainchild.nl/

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:08:31 GMT
 Need midi plugin

Quote:

> > I mean that i need a plugin for reading midi data like notes and traks not
> > only for playng midifiles

> Why do you need a plugin for this? Midi data is just data, and the format
> is well defined and easy. In fact, my book shows you how to write a simple
> program that can read and play a simple standard midi file. It would not
> be at all difficult to develop this further. m.

> --

>           *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! ***
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt
>              -- The Second Edition is coming! --

When you respond with your book, should I ignore your response if I don't have
it, and staying the only one silly of all this newsgroup?

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 04:03:33 GMT
 Need midi plugin

[I had written:]

Quote:
> > Why do you need a plugin for this? Midi data is just data, and the format
> > is well defined and easy. In fact, my book shows you how to write a simple
> > program that can read and play a simple standard midi file. It would not
> > be at all difficult to develop this further. m.
> When you respond with your book, should I ignore your response if I don't have
> it, and staying the only one silly of all this newsgroup?

No, because you can download the example from my Web site. m.

--

          *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt
             -- The Second Edition is coming! --

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:14:29 GMT
 Need midi plugin
In article

Quote:

> > > Why do you need a plugin for this? Midi data is just data, and the format
> > > is well defined and easy. In fact, my book shows you how to write a simple
> > > program that can read and play a simple standard midi file. It would not
> > > be at all difficult to develop this further. m.

> > When you respond with your book, should I ignore your response if I don't
> > have
> > it, and staying the only one silly of all this newsgroup?

> No, because you can download the example from my Web site. m.

Heh. Lot's of people dont have your book, including me...
Yet I was too cheap upgrade from RB2, so I'm still using 2.1.2. Heh
Oh well. :-)

--
-sonicblur

/---------------------------------\
|  Sonic Metropolis is now CLOSED  |
|==================================|
|     PSOv2: sonicblur (FOnewm)    |
\---------------------------------/

"I'll show you the true power of CHAOS CONTROL!" - Shadow

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:07:29 GMT
 Need midi plugin

Quote:

> Heh. Lot's of people dont have your book, including me...
> Yet I was too cheap upgrade from RB2, so I'm still using 2.1.2. Heh
> Oh well. :-)

You're in the best position, sonicblur! Once the second edition comes out,
used or unsold copies of the first edition will be available for next to
nothing. Since you haven't upgraded, and since the first edition is about
2.1, you'll be covered! I won't take away the first edition supplementary
page or examples from my Web site, so you'll be all set. m.

--

          *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt
             -- The Second Edition is coming! --

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 08:45:37 GMT

1. MIDI file parser, MIDI classes

2. Need Forth/Assy Programmer for music/MIDI applications

3. MIDI interface on Windows in Python, need advice

4. Music/Midi Module/Lib for Tcl needed !

5. netscape.plugin.Plugin?!

6. i need a plugin to read picture files

7. Help needed with PostgreSQL plugin

8. Need location of multiple vrml plugin FAQ

9. In need of a VRML plugin or viewer

10. Tcl Plugin needed badly !!!

11. Need a hint, plugin for 8.3.2

12. The plugin needs more PR!