Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5
Author Message
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Hi,

I have an application which works fine under RB 4.0.2. The MainWindow
has a TabPanel with 5 Panels und in every Panel I have one or two
ListBoxes, Some EditField, StaticTextes, PopupMenues, CheckBoxes and so
on. How I said with 4.0.2 it works fine. With RB 4.5 it is a desaster
;-))

In the DebugMode and in the Runtime when I start the program the
MainWindow opens and I have a lot of fragments of all other Panels in
the panel I see. When I activate an other panel also a lot of fragments
of the other panels is visible. The active panel is also not complete
visible.
At the moment I have no Idea how I can fix that. When I use the same
SourceCode again with RB 4.0.2 everything is fine.

Any idea od tips what could be wrong?

I am using MacOS X and TabPanels not Tabpanes but with TabPanes it is
the same problem.

Claudius

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 04:43:08 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have an application which works fine under RB 4.0.2. The MainWindow
> has a TabPanel with 5 Panels und in every Panel I have one or two
> ListBoxes, Some EditField, StaticTextes, PopupMenues, CheckBoxes and so
> on. How I said with 4.0.2 it works fine. With RB 4.5 it is a desaster
> ;-))

> In the DebugMode and in the Runtime when I start the program the
> MainWindow opens and I have a lot of fragments of all other Panels in
> the panel I see. When I activate an other panel also a lot of fragments
> of the other panels is visible. The active panel is also not complete
> visible.
> At the moment I have no Idea how I can fix that. When I use the same
> SourceCode again with RB 4.0.2 everything is fine.

> Any idea od tips what could be wrong?

> I am using MacOS X and TabPanels not Tabpanes but with TabPanes it is
> the same problem.

Does nobody has a comparable problem?

Claudius

Sun, 09 Jan 2005 18:32:30 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Quote:

> > I have an application which works fine under RB 4.0.2. The MainWindow
> > has a TabPanel with 5 Panels und in every Panel I have one or two
> > ListBoxes, Some EditField, StaticTextes, PopupMenues, CheckBoxes and so
> > on. How I said with 4.0.2 it works fine. With RB 4.5 it is a desaster
> > ;-))

> > In the DebugMode and in the Runtime when I start the program the
> > MainWindow opens and I have a lot of fragments of all other Panels in
> > the panel I see. When I activate an other panel also a lot of fragments
> > of the other panels is visible. The active panel is also not complete
> > visible.
> > At the moment I have no Idea how I can fix that. When I use the same
> > SourceCode again with RB 4.0.2 everything is fine.

> > Any idea od tips what could be wrong?

> > I am using MacOS X and TabPanels not Tabpanes but with TabPanes it is
> > the same problem.

> Does nobody has a comparable problem?

I'm sorry, I couldn't quite follow your description.  Perhaps you can
try again?  Or maybe you can describe it in German?  We have a fair
number of German speakers here.

Best,
- Joe

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 00:00:10 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Quote:

> I'm sorry, I couldn't quite follow your description.  Perhaps you can
> try again?  Or maybe you can describe it in German?  We have a fair
> number of German speakers here.

It is also difficult to describe it in english.

In an application I have a TabPanel. In this TabPanel with 5 panels I
have different Listboxes, StaticText, EditFields an other stuff. When I
start the Application in the DebugMode or as Runtime I have the same
problem. I can see in every panel fragments of all panels. But only
fragments no StaticText, EditFields, ListBoxes is shown complete.

You can see the problem on
http://www.sailer-online.de/pub/RealBasic/ScreenshotsAM.html
the first and second Screenshot shows the problem. Screenshot 1 is from
RB 4.0.2 and the second from RB 4.5

Also mal in deutsch. Ich habe in einer Applikation ein Hauptfenster das
eine Tabpanel beinhaltet mit 5 Reitern. Jedes Panel beinhaltet
Listboxen, StaticText, EditFields etc. Starte ich nun das Programm mit
RB 4.5 im Debug oder als Runtime, so wird andauernd in jedem angezeigten
Panel nicht der Inhalt sondern Fragmente aller Panels angezeigt.

Das selbe Vorgehen mit RB 4.0 und alles ist okay.

Da ich mit anderen Applikationen keinerlei Probleme mit TabPanels habe,
stehe ich etwas ratlos dar. Hat jemand aehnliche Probleme oder/und mir
einen Tip?

Ciao

Claudius

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:04:46 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Quote:

> In an application I have a TabPanel. In this TabPanel with 5 panels I
> have different Listboxes, StaticText, EditFields an other stuff. When I
> start the Application in the DebugMode or as Runtime I have the same
> problem. I can see in every panel fragments of all panels. But only
> fragments no StaticText, EditFields, ListBoxes is shown complete.

> You can see the problem on
> http://www.sailer-online.de/pub/RealBasic/ScreenshotsAM.html
> the first and second Screenshot shows the problem. Screenshot 1 is from
> RB 4.0.2 and the second from RB 4.5

Did you check the TabPanelIndex of these items? Maybe they are reseted as
happened to me once... (By moving the tab panel, for example)

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:58:23 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Quote:

> Did you check the TabPanelIndex of these items? Maybe they are reseted as
> happened to me once... (By moving the tab panel, for example)

How can I do that? In the IDE all things are on his correct place:

Ciao

Claudius

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:04:37 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5
Not quite like this, but I have noticed that timers placed in a
certain tab of the tab panel will move when REALBasic is quit and
reopened. For example, if your timer control is in the 3rd tab, it
will move to the first one.  This is under RB 4.0.2, so maybe they
fixed this in 4.5.

-Ryan

Quote:
> Does nobody has a comparable problem?

> Claudius

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:42:22 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Quote:

> How can I do that? In the IDE all things are on his correct place:

The tabPanelIndex is an invisible property for every controls. To find out
this property, you must try at runtime.

An example (valid in debug mode):

sub open'The window event

dim TObject as NameOfAControl 'TObject will be in the "variables" window.

TObject=NameOfAControl
'Put a breakpoint here. In the "variables" window, look for "TObject" and,
in the right cell, click "view". Look for the "TabPanelIndex" property and
check if the value is correct. (As there can be another thing than the one I
say...)
end sub

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:03:24 GMT
 Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

Quote:

> You can see the problem on
> http://www.sailer-online.de/pub/RealBasic/ScreenshotsAM.html
> the first and second Screenshot shows the problem. Screenshot 1 is from
> RB 4.0.2 and the second from RB 4.5

Wow!  I have never seen such a problem.  Can you strip your project
down to produce a simple example?  If so, please do so and report it
with REALbugs (or if you prefer, send it to me).

Thanks,
- Joe

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:41:33 GMT

1. RB 4.5 and Mysql plugin problem

2. Details on RB 4.5

3. MySQL and RB 4.5

4. RB 4.5

5. Future upgrade to RB Pro 4.5 free?

6. Updating the PrinterSetup object without printing (RB 4.5)?

7. Crashing with SpriteSurface in RB 4.5

8. RB 4.5: Application Error on quit

9. Autoscrolling EditField with RB 4.5

10. RB 4.0 vs. 4.5

11. RB 4.5 app unexpectedly quits under 10.2

12. RecordSet Update limitation in RB 4.5