question: version information from within app?
Author Message
 question: version information from within app?

Does anyone know how I can get my own version information from within my
application?

Thanks,
Chris

Sat, 08 May 2004 07:41:12 GMT
 question: version information from within app?

Quote:

> Does anyone know how I can get my own version information from within my
> application?

app.resourcefork.getresource("vers",x)
where x can be 1 or 2.

Take a look on this strings on Resedit and you'll see how it work.

Mfg
Christian

--
Beruehmte Irrtuemer (02):
Die Platte kriegst du nie im Leben voll.

Sat, 08 May 2004 08:58:32 GMT
 question: version information from within app?
Thank you Patrick and Christian.

Quote:

>> Does anyone know how I can get my own version information from within my
>> application?

> This function returns a nice formatted string. I found it long time ago
> and don't remember the origin.

> Function getver() As string
>  Dim Stage,i, release, revision, Fix as Integer
>  Dim DevRev , stage as Integer
>  Dim s, version as String

>  Version = app.ResourceFork.GetResource("vers",1) // Get the "vers"
> resource
>  i = ascb(mid(Version,1,1))
>  Release = BitWiseAnd(i,&h0F)
>  i = ascb(Mid(Version,2,1))
>  Revision = BitWiseAnd(i,&hF0) \ 16
>  Fix = BitWiseAnd(i,&h0F)
>  Stage = ascb(Mid(Version,3,1))
>  DevRev = ascb(Mid(Version,4,1))

>  Select Case Stage
>  Case &h20 // 0x20 = Development
>     s = " dev "
>  Case &h40 // 0x40 = Alpha
>     s = " alpha "
>  Case &h60 // 0x60 = Beta
>     s = " ?eta "
>  Else // Release
>     s = ""
>  End Select

>  return  Str(Release)+"."+Str(Revision)+"."+str(Fix)+s+Str(DevRev)

> End Function

Sun, 09 May 2004 15:32:54 GMT

1. Question on Opening/Closing a Threaded Window within App Frame

2. Labview version, OS version from within a VI?

3. Embedding Build information within source

4. Accessing printer information within OS/2

5. Accessing system information within VHDL test-bench with ModelSim

6. Rqst information on accessing INGRES from within ST80R4

7. Send & receive email from within app

8. Closing Another App from within Clarion

9. Report Writer within a CW app

10. Needed: Panoramic Imaging within App

11. Validating NT Passwords within Clipper App...

12. Losing printer port within Clarion app