Declare problem
Author Message
 Declare problem

Hi all!

I am playing with Declare thing. And as long I am using speech
function
or other examples from Language reference, everything works fine...
But now I am trying to do something with QT. I am using the  latest
TBFinder 2.1 with Universal Headers V 3.4. And, as I expected, nothing
works! But this time I think that problem is not with my limited
knowledge.
Every thime when I use TBCall with (theMovie as Movie) within in it, I
am getting an error "Invalid type". Even if I use just this (and
nothing else):

Declare Sub StartMovie Lib "QuickTimeLib" (theMovie as Movie)
Inline68K("700BAAAA")

I am still getting the same error...
Can you please tell me what is wrong here

Regards
Srdjan

Fri, 06 Feb 2004 23:03:46 GMT
 Declare problem

Quote:

> Declare Sub StartMovie Lib "QuickTimeLib" (theMovie as Movie)
> Inline68K("700BAAAA")

Try (theMovie as Ptr), but i'don't know if it will do it.

Uwe.

--
panic: We are{*filter*} here ...

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:40:40 GMT
 Declare problem

Quote:

> Hi all!

> Declare Sub StartMovie Lib "QuickTimeLib" (theMovie as Movie)
> Inline68K("700BAAAA")

theMovie is a Movie Handle not an RB Movie Object.

Mfg
Christian

--
Auf Windows 95 laufen so ziemlich alle Spiele.
Fuer ernsthaftes Arbeiten sollte man aber zusaetzlich ein

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 04:29:00 GMT
 Declare problem

Quote:

> > Hi all!

> > Declare Sub StartMovie Lib "QuickTimeLib" (theMovie as Movie)
> > Inline68K("700BAAAA")

> theMovie is a Movie Handle not an RB Movie Object.

> Mfg
> Christian

   For what its worth, I had a similar "fun" experience trying to turn
on fog in an RB3DSpace control with declares.

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:03:36 GMT
 Declare problem

Quote:

> > > Hi all!

> > > Declare Sub StartMovie Lib "QuickTimeLib" (theMovie as Movie)
> > > Inline68K("700BAAAA")

> > theMovie is a Movie Handle not an RB Movie Object.

> > Mfg
> > Christian

Hi Christian!

You are right, it is Handle. Now I have some kind of result: RB crashes!!!
If I change :

Declare Sub StartMovie Lib "QuickTimeLib" (theMovie as Movie)
Inline68K("700BAAAA")

into:

Declare Sub StartMovie Lib "QuickTimeLib" (theMovie as integer)
Inline68K("700BAAAA")

and define theMovie as:
MoviePlayer1.Movie.Handle

RB explodes!
It looks like that kind of toolbox calls is not possible : (

Thanx anyway
Srdjan

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:17:14 GMT
 Declare problem

Quote:

> It looks like that kind of toolbox calls is not possible : (

All QuickTime Calls need a Stublib which is not possible to use in RB.
use a plugin.
Micono has some.

Mfg
Christian

--
PLZ Suche
Das einzige Postleitzahlensuchprogramm fr Mac OS

Download unter <http://plz.macsw.de>

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:41:58 GMT

1. Declare Problem

2. Problems while writing to datas declared in the CODE segment

3. the problem of declaring a function in the interface

4. C++ declared parody of Smalltalk ;-)

5. Newbie: FILENAME not declared?

6. Declares fails with WindowPtr?

7. Help with "Declare"

8. Automatically declaring a global object

9. Declares to Cocoa?

10. Declare Function : passing a structure

11. DECLARES, Libs, Shared Libaries, plug-ins, etc.

12. I'm stupid with Declare and ByRef a Ptr