Shortcuts for Windows
Author Message
 Shortcuts for Windows

Quote:

> Does anyone now how to make shortcuts for Windows in RB?

Look for a small app in the windows folder like makelink or something
like that.

Mfg
Christian

--
PLZ Suche
Das einzige Postleitzahlensuchprogramm fr Mac OS X

Download unter < http://www.*-*-*.com/ >

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 00:57:14 GMT
 Shortcuts for Windows
Does anyone now how to make shortcuts for Windows in RB?

--
Steve Evans

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 00:34:45 GMT
 Shortcuts for Windows

Quote:

> > Does anyone now how to make shortcuts for Windows in RB?

> Look for a small app in the windows folder like makelink or something
> like that.

I don't know what "makelink" is all about, but I suggest to examine the
AcceleratorKey-event of the StaticText Control.

Put "&X" in the text- or caption-property (synonyms) and ALT-X should
fire the AcceleratorKey-event on Windows.

BTW:
Select a StaticText Control and press Command-1, the StaticText Control
Help should pop up. Scroll down to "Notes" and re-read all this :)

Cheers,

Knut

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 06:17:06 GMT
 Shortcuts for Windows

Quote:

> I don't know what "makelink" is all about, but I suggest to examine the
> AcceleratorKey-event of the StaticText Control.

Okay.
I ment a shortcut like an alias file.
You ment a command-key-shortcut.

Makelink (or how it's called) is a command line utility to make short
cuts (aliases) on Windows.

Mfg
Christian

--
PLZ Suche
Das einzige Postleitzahlensuchprogramm fr Mac OS

Download unter <http://plz.macsw.de>

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 18:15:45 GMT
 Shortcuts for Windows

Quote:

>>> Does anyone now how to make shortcuts for Windows in RB?

>> Look for a small app in the windows folder like makelink or something
>> like that.

> I don't know what "makelink" is all about, but I suggest to examine the
> AcceleratorKey-event of the StaticText Control.

> Put "&X" in the text- or caption-property (synonyms) and ALT-X should
> fire the AcceleratorKey-event on Windows.

> BTW:
> Select a StaticText Control and press Command-1, the StaticText Control
> Help should pop up. Scroll down to "Notes" and re-read all this :)

> Cheers,

> Knut

Sorry, I mean create a shortcut for a file (.Ink). Similar to creating an
alias on the Mac. Something like:

Dim i as Boolean
Dim SourceItem,DestItem as Folderitem

SourceItem=getfolderitem(C:\Program Files\myapp.exe"
DestItem=desktopfolder
i=CreateShortcut(SourceItem,DestItem)
if i then
    msgbox "Shortcut created for "+ SourceItem.name
end

Any ideas what the "CreateShortcut" function would consist of?

--
Steve Evans

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:15:48 GMT
 Shortcuts for Windows

Quote:

> Sorry, I mean create a shortcut for a file (.Ink). Similar to creating an
> alias on the Mac

Steve - is there a way to do this through the DOS shell? If so, you can do
it with RB's Shell class. m.

--

          *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:48:05 GMT

1. directory shortcuts on windows

2. Shortcuts under Windows

3. Build a Setup.exe that makes shortcuts on Windows desktop and quick-launch?

4. Solving Windows shortcuts

5. windows shortcuts

6. windows shortcuts

7. CLOSE all windows shortcut?

8. Creating Windows shortcut

9. Creating an Shortcut Icon on the Windows Desktop

10. Windows 95 ShortCuts

11. Creating windows shortcuts

12. Resolving windows shortcuts