In the "Menu" window (funny)
Author Message
 In the "Menu" window (funny)

Hi.

I did not find anything about it in the documentaton so maybe this is
a bug, try it you'll find it funny! (I use RB 4.5.2 on Mac OS X)

Launch RB.
In the "Project" window there is a "Menu" item.
Double-click on it to open the "Menu" window.
In the "Menu" window you can see the menu bar you are building for
your application; click in the upper-right corner of this menu bar...
:-) Tell me what happens... :-)

A+
Pascal.

Merry Cristmas & Happy New Year.

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:00:46 GMT
 In the "Menu" window (funny)

Quote:

> In the "Menu" window you can see the menu bar you are building for
> your application; click in the upper-right corner of this menu bar...
> :-) Tell me what happens... :-)

Whoops ;-)

... works in RB 4.0.2, too.

Ciao
Achim

--
Heute mal mit MacSoup unter OS X ;-)

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 06:05:06 GMT
 In the "Menu" window (funny)
On 12/24/02 11:00, Pascal did expound most eloquently:

Quote:
> I did not find anything about it in the documentaton so maybe this is
> a bug, try it you'll find it funny! (I use RB 4.5.2 on Mac OS X)

> Launch RB.
> In the "Project" window there is a "Menu" item.
> Double-click on it to open the "Menu" window.
> In the "Menu" window you can see the menu bar you are building for
> your application; click in the upper-right corner of this menu bar...
> :-) Tell me what happens... :-)

It's not a bug...it's a feature so you can see how your menu will look in
Classic in the event you're creating a Carbon app that will run in either
Mac OS X or and earlier version of the Mac OS.

George

--
Please do not reply to this message. Although the email address is perfectly
valid, any replies to this account never get to the Inbox on my computer.

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:25:11 GMT
 In the "Menu" window (funny)

Quote:

> ... works in RB 4.0.2, too.

This feature also works in 3.5 and maybe before. ;-)

Do you have seen the Production Babies?
They look really sweet. :o)

--
http://bantha.cjb.net/video.php?type=mov

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:42:35 GMT
 In the "Menu" window (funny)

Quote:
> It's not a bug...it's a feature so you can see how your menu will look in
> Classic in the event you're creating a Carbon app that will run in either
> Mac OS X or and earlier version of the Mac OS.

Yes, of course, that's what you can say after you do it (because
that's what it does :-)).
But can you tell me where it is decribed in the documentation? Which
page?

A+
Pascal.

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:11:54 GMT
 In the "Menu" window (funny)
On 12/31/02 07:11, Pascal did expound most eloquently:

Quote:
>> It's not a bug...it's a feature so you can see how your menu will look in
>> Classic in the event you're creating a Carbon app that will run in either
>> Mac OS X or and earlier version of the Mac OS.

> Yes, of course, that's what you can say after you do it (because
> that's what it does :-)).
> But can you tell me where it is decribed in the documentation? Which
> page?

It's not documented, AFAIK, but I believe it was Joe Strout who mentioned
this on the REALbasic mailing list...in response to someone who was asking
about seeing their menus in both OS X and Classic without having to actually
run the app in both environments. So I can say that I knew about it *before*
the post here that mentioned it as a possible bug.

George

--
Please do not reply to this message. Although the email address is perfectly
valid, any replies to this account never get to the Inbox on my computer.

Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:53:33 GMT
 In the "Menu" window (funny)

Quote:

> > ... works in RB 4.0.2, too.

> This feature also works in 3.5 and maybe before. ;-)

I think we added it in 3.5.  And no, it's not a bug, it's a hidden
feature.  Call it an easter egg if you like.

Quote:
> Do you have seen the Production Babies?
> They look really sweet. :o)

Thanks, we think so too!  :)

Cheers,
- Joe

Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:00:14 GMT

1. "Standard" Windows Mac OS X Menu

2. "menu to" under windows NT

3. "Funny" characters

4. The "funny sumbols" FAQ

5. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

6. "Advanced" Shortcuts menu items

7. Adding menu to mac "system tray"

8. Adding "browse" to system menus

9. Control of System Menu "X"

10. Implementing "Bookmark" menu

11. Setting "checked" property on menu item

12. "Popup menus"