GetOpenFolderItem and OSXApplications.app
Author Message
 GetOpenFolderItem and OSXApplications.app

Hello.

Thanks to an "open dialog box" created with the GetOpenFolderItem
method, I tried to select a Mac OS X application .app, you know, this
kind of application particular to Mac OS X, but the dialog box does
not allow me to select any of them!

I tried all kind of possible filters (as a parameter of the method), I
can open directories,  I can open documents, I can open application
(the classic kind of application, not a .app application)... but I
can't open .app applications!

Can someone help me? Is it possible? What is the right filter? Is it
impossible? Is it a bug?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Pascal.

Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:57:33 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem and OSXApplications.app

Quote:

> Hello.

> Thanks to an "open dialog box" created with the GetOpenFolderItem
> method, I tried to select a Mac OS X application .app, you know, this
> kind of application particular to Mac OS X, but the dialog box does
> not allow me to select any of them!

> I tried all kind of possible filters (as a parameter of the method), I
> can open directories,  I can open documents, I can open application
> (the classic kind of application, not a .app application)... but I
> can't open .app applications!

> Can someone help me? Is it possible?

If you write your own selection mechanism.

Quote:
> What is the right filter?

Taint one.

Quote:
> Is it
> impossible?

No.  See above.

Quote:
> Is it a bug?

Yes.  One they should have addressed a long time ago particularly before
they started claiming that RB works with OS X.

- Joe

--
PGP Key (DH/DSS): http://www.shimkus.com/public_key.asc
PGP Fingerprint:  89B4 52DA CF10 EE03 02AD  9134 21C6 2A68 CE52 EE1A

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 02:19:26 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem and OSXApplications.app

Quote:

> Thanks to an "open dialog box" created with the GetOpenFolderItem
> method, I tried to select a Mac OS X application .app, you know, this
> kind of application particular to Mac OS X, but the dialog box does
> not allow me to select any of them!

Right.  You need to use the OpenDialog class instead.  (And this works
only in 4.5.)

Quote:
> Can someone help me? Is it possible?

Yep.

Quote:
> What is the right filter?

Something with the type "APPL".

Quote:
> Is it impossible?

Nope.

Quote:
> Is it a bug?

It's a feature only present in 4.5 and later, and only in the
OpenDialog class (not in the GetOpenFolderItem function).

Cheers,
- Joe

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 03:59:11 GMT

1. How to get GetOpenFolderItem to choose OS X Apps

2. GetOpenFolderItem Question?

3. Preview in GetOpenFolderItem

4. Force getOpenFolderItem to specific path ?

5. GetOpenFolderItem and OS X

6. GetOpenFolderItem?

7. GetOpenFolderItem

8. GetOpenFolderItem and SelectFolder methods

9. GetOpenFolderItem greyed out items

10. App-Ref: Need to break up a large App, App-Ref can help

11. Versioning a ToGo app (was: Deployed app DNU)

12. Deployed app terminates after a MessageBox is displayed before main app shell view is opened