Shared Libs under OS 10.1
Author Message
 Shared Libs under OS 10.1

Hi everyone,

I'm sure I'm not the only one using Shared Libs with RB but I have the
following problem:

I am trying to convert a working MacOS 9 RB project to MacOS 10.1, but I am
not able to use any of my carbonized Shared Libs (those libs were compiled
with CW 7).

When I run the application with RB, it gives the message "Unable to connect
to fragment <my library>". The shared libs have been placed in the RealBasic
folder (at the same level as the RB app) but I wondered if they should be
moved to another place under OS X (there is nothing about this in the
documentation).

Thanks!

Daniel Tapie
Brussels, Belgium.

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:13:38 GMT
 Shared Libs under OS 10.1

Quote:

> I am trying to convert a working MacOS 9 RB project to MacOS 10.1, but I am
> not able to use any of my carbonized Shared Libs (those libs were compiled
> with CW 7).

You're sure they're fulling Carbonized, nad not linking to any OS 9
toolbox libraries?

Quote:
> When I run the application with RB, it gives the message "Unable to connect
> to fragment <my library>". The shared libs have been placed in the RealBasic
> folder (at the same level as the RB app) but I wondered if they should be
> moved to another place under OS X (there is nothing about this in the
> documentation).

No, that should work fine.  I suggest looking at your libs with
PEFViewer and see what other libs they import -- probably they're
importing something that's not available.  Also check in the Console
window; I believe CFM gives you a clue there what it is that can't be
loaded.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:52:52 GMT

1. Sprite Surface and OS 10.1

2. Delay() Toolbox Call doesn't work on OS X 10.1

3. RB 3.51 is slow in OS X 10.1

4. Keyboard object under OS 10.1

5. RB 3.51 and OS X 10.1

6. VW 5i.4 and Mac OS X 10.1

7. Ruby for Mac OS 10.1

8. running Python remotely w/ Mac OS X 10.1

9. Compiling 2.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.1 - test failures

10. Building Ruby on MacOS 10.1

11. Issue from IVF 9.0 to IVF 10.1

12. install on MacOS X 10.1?