Command Line Arguments
Author Message
 Command Line Arguments

Is there a way to access the command line arguments passed on the
Windows or MacOS X command line from within a compiled REALBasic
program?

Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:17:57 GMT
 Command Line Arguments

Quote:

> Is there a way to access the command line arguments passed on the
> Windows or MacOS X command line from within a compiled REALBasic
> program?

Shell instance. m.

--

      *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:08:48 GMT
 Command Line Arguments

Quote:

> Is there a way to access the command line arguments passed on the
> Windows or MacOS X command line from within a compiled REALBasic
> program?

Ooop, you said arguments. Sorry, no, I don't think so. If there is I'd
like to know what is it too. m.

--

      *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 06:09:46 GMT
 Command Line Arguments

Quote:

> > Is there a way to access the command line arguments passed on the
> > Windows or MacOS X command line from within a compiled REALBasic
> > program?

Do you mean the arguments that your program was launched with from the
command line? Can't happen. RB apps are CFM, which you can't launch from
the commandline without first going through LaunchCFMApp.

In general, you can use the kvm stuff to get command-line arguments;
"man kvm_getargv". You would have to do this from a plugin (and the
function is only available for Mach-O, so you would need to use CFBundle
to get a pointer to that function).

Don't know about Windows.

-Chad

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:18:48 GMT
 Command Line Arguments

Quote:

> Is there a way to access the command line arguments passed on the
> Windows or MacOS X command line from within a compiled REALBasic
> program?

In windows, you can use a declare to GetCommandLine.  Search the list
archives and I think you'll find the syntax.

On OS X, a CFM app never gets command-line arguments.

Cheers,
- Joe

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:09:27 GMT
 Command Line Arguments
Thanks Joe,

I searched the list archive on Google and the only message that came
up with "GetCommandLine" in it was the one you posted. From looking at
some Windows developer sites it does appear that this is the way to
get your command line arguments on Windows. Can you give me any more
info on how to properly format the Declare statement to access this
API?

Steve

Quote:

> In windows, you can use a declare to GetCommandLine.  Search the list
> archives and I think you'll find the syntax.

> On OS X, a CFM app never gets command-line arguments.

> Cheers,
> - Joe

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 03:37:05 GMT
 Command Line Arguments

Quote:

> Thanks Joe,

> Can you give me any more info on how to properly format the Declare
> statement to access this API?

Look yourself:

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/rbcode.html>

Mfg
Christian

--
Spiel des Lebens 3.0 ist fertig!
Sie werden es nicht wiedererkennen, so viele neue Grafiken sind drin :-)

Wed, 22 Sep 2004 03:57:24 GMT

1. command environments and command line arguments

2. Fortran command to read command line argument?

3. J hack capturing command line arguments

4. Command line argument

5. Command line arguments

6. How do you obtain command line arguments?

7. Command line arguments

8. COMMAND LINES ARGUMENTS IN WIN32FOR 3.3

9. Command Line Arguments in Labview

10. command line arguments

11. Command line arguments for Haskell programs

12. Command Line Arguments ??