Return selected application window on mousedown and return to Realbasic
Author Message
 Return selected application window on mousedown and return to Realbasic

Hi,

I am attempting to create a simple screensaver program in RealBasic as my
first program. I am having trouble having the apple script catch a mousedown
and then return the selected application name to RealBasic. Any sample code
on catching the mousedown event and returning the var will be appreciated!

TIA,

George

Fri, 13 May 2005 19:40:51 GMT
 Return selected application window on mousedown and return to Realbasic

Quote:

> I am attempting to create a simple screensaver program in RealBasic as my
> first program.

OK, that seems reasonable.

Quote:
> I am having trouble having the apple script catch a mousedown
> and then return the selected application name to RealBasic.

What AppleScript?  And what selected application name?  You've
completely lost me here.  Please explain in more detail what you're
trying to do.

Best,
- Joe

Sat, 14 May 2005 01:54:45 GMT
 Return selected application window on mousedown and return to Realbasic
I would like to screen capture Chimera's document window. To be able to
scroll down on the document window and capture it. So far I been able to
capture just the window using combination of realbasic and applescript.

Is there some way to use Applescript to access the full height of the
document. Not just the bounds of the window but the actual full height. And
then issue commands to the window so it will scroll using applescript?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

George

On 11/25/02 9:54 AM, in article

Quote:

>> I am attempting to create a simple screensaver program in RealBasic as my
>> first program.

> OK, that seems reasonable.

>> I am having trouble having the apple script catch a mousedown
>> and then return the selected application name to RealBasic.

> What AppleScript?  And what selected application name?  You've
> completely lost me here.  Please explain in more detail what you're
> trying to do.

> Best,
> - Joe

> ,------------------------------------------------------------------.
> |    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |

> `------------------------------------------------------------------'

Sat, 14 May 2005 15:06:16 GMT
 Return selected application window on mousedown and return to Realbasic

Quote:

> I would like to screen capture Chimera's document window. To be able to
> scroll down on the document window and capture it. So far I been able to
> capture just the window using combination of realbasic and applescript.

> Is there some way to use Applescript to access the full height of the
> document. Not just the bounds of the window but the actual full height. And
> then issue commands to the window so it will scroll using applescript?

OK, these are AppleScript/Chimera commands.  Ask the developers of
Chimera (whatever that is), if it's not apparent from looking at their
scripting dictionary.

Best,
- Joe

Sun, 15 May 2005 01:54:56 GMT

1. Carrage Returns and Tabs in Windows Applications

2. Tabing and Carriage Returns in Windows Applications

3. Getting Return Key to Not Send Return Character?

4. return -code return doesn't play nice with set

5. RETURN / RETURN-FROM and values

6. Problem: select message on MyOrderedCollectionSubclass returns OrderedCollection

7. Return of selected element in listcontrol

8. Returning Name of Printer Selected.

9. Selecting record when returning from update form

10. Form going into AcceptAll after returning from Select browse

11. IO.select should return array for timeout.

12. Selecting bits from a function return