RB DB access from other programs?`
Author Message
 RB DB access from other programs?`

I was wondering if there is any documentation about how to create an RB DB
with another language (e.g. Perl)...I would like to create a program that
basically reads an RB DB - but the DB needs to be able to be created from
any computer and any time...so i figured a website, with some CGI in
Perl...but now I can't create the right kind of file...

Anyone? anyone? Thanks.

G.

Thu, 23 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 RB DB access from other programs?`

Quote:

> I was wondering if there is any documentation about how to create an RB DB
> with another language (e.g. Perl)...I would like to create a program that
> basically reads an RB DB - but the DB needs to be able to be created from
> any computer and any time...so i figured a website, with some CGI in
> Perl...but now I can't create the right kind of file...

No, the RB database format is undocumented and subject to change.

Better to just use a tab-delimited text file for this sort of thing, or
define your own binary file format.

Cheers,
-- Joe

Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. HOWTO: RB to Access, SQLServer7, DB/2, others...

2. cgi.rb:490:in `+': failed to convert Fixnum into String

3. DB Connectivity Toolset with Access DB having autonumber and date/time fields

4. example for programming MS-ACCESS DB with LabVIEW

5. @U$`')-`:023/7H

6. `#R345J!3(,]`"2

7. multimedia db with rb

8. Best Windoze DB for RB clients?

9. HELP: Direct video (non-BIOS) access, using OAK 087 cards and others

10. HELP: Direct video (non-BIOS) access, using OAK 087 cards and others

11. Accessing built-in Tk widgets from with-in others

12. Legal Advice (Acessing data from others programs)