ResourceFork
Author Message
 ResourceFork

How can I create the data-string that I need in addResource? (I have a
picture)

But I think I be wrong.
I want to add a "cicn" in a Resourcefork. How can I do that when I have
it as picture (64x64x8(?))

MfG, Metti.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:57:28 GMT
 ResourceFork

Quote:

> I want to add a "cicn" in a Resourcefork. How can I do that when I have
> it as picture (64x64x8(?))

If you can, do it using Resedit and copy&paste.

Else look for a description of the cicn format in the web and make a
your data string using a memoryblock.

Mfg
Christian

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:23:23 GMT
 ResourceFork

Quote:

> If you can, do it using Resedit and copy&paste.

I dont want to use Resedit. I will do it with my programm.

I explane it new.
I read a resourcefile with this code:
--
  Portraitdatei=getopenFolderItem("alle")
  if portraitdatei<>nil then

    Bild = GetFolderItem(Portraitdatei.absolutePath).OpenResourceFork

    if Bild <> Nil then
      Zaehler = Bild.ResourceCount("cicn")

      while Zaehler > 0
        if Bild.ResourceID("cicn", Zaehler)>127 then
          username.append Bild.ResourceName("cicn", Zaehler)
          UserID.append Bild.ResourceID("cicn", Zaehler)
          userbild.append Bild.Getcicn(Bild.ResourceID("cicn", Zaehler))
        end
        Zaehler = Zaehler - 1
      wend
      Bild.Close
    end if

Later I want to write a new file with all cicon in it.

How can I do that?

MfG, Metti.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:42:47 GMT
 ResourceFork

Quote:

> How can I do that?

Byte for byte and if you don't want to learn the format of CICN you'll
loose ;-)

Mfg
Christian

--
Berhmte letzte W?rter (04a)
"Diese Brcke h?lt schon 30 Jahre"

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 21:05:45 GMT

1. FolderItem.ResourceFork resfNum How ?

2. Writing to the resourcefork

3. dragItems and resourceForks

4. Resourceforks

5. Resourcefork help

6. How do create a File and add ResourceForks

7. Problems with ResourceFork Class

8. Using App.ResourceFork HELP!