movie an editable movie and info
Author Message
 movie an editable movie and info

hi all.. can anyone please help me with something i want to know.. and
probly others too..
with editable movie i have set it to a movie the user loads right... and
then i get the movie info using QTuserdata. But it does not have a
udtype to get the auther and is there a way to get the auther of a
movie.. and i know the movie has one as i put one on it... also
sometimes when i get the name of it i also get strange symbols in the
name like boxs and stuff..
thanx in advance for any replies and help.... if any will come.. lol.

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 12:50:07 GMT
 movie an editable movie and info
can anyone please help me with this.

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:31:04 GMT
 movie an editable movie and info

Quote:

> can anyone please help me with this.

Did you try "?aut" for Author?

In general go this way.
Make in the QuickTime Player a new empty movie.
Add in the Infowindow any property you like.
Save.
Drop the movie on a Text app like BBEdit and look inside.
You see the Code there nearby your text.

Normally with a "?" in front.

Mfg
Christian

--
Think Different!
An Apple a day keeps Wintel away!

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:40:36 GMT
 movie an editable movie and info
Thank you so much... but do u know why i keep getting stuff like four
small boxes in front of the artist that i got for ?ART  and the same
goes with the name.. i get four or sometimes less small boxes in front
of the name.

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:39:39 GMT
 movie an editable movie and info

Quote:

> Thank you so much... but do u know why i keep getting stuff like four
> small boxes in front of the artist that i got for ?ART  and the same
> goes with the name.. i get four or sometimes less small boxes in front
> of the name.

Somewhere must QuickTime save the length...
And this binary data is showed as boxes or random characters.

Mfg
Christian

--

If?Mac OS X?doesn't?have?the?solution,?you?have?the?wrong?problem.

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:29:20 GMT
 movie an editable movie and info

Quote:
> Somewhere must QuickTime save the length...
> And this binary data is showed as boxes or random characters.

mmm.. is there a way to just get the name without all these strange
symbols in front of it...the symbols are always changing and the amount
is always changing so i can't do i script to only get the text after a
certain amount of charicters as i don't know the amount... i don't
know... i am not to good at stuff like this in real basic.. if you or
anyone has an idea please reply.

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:44:47 GMT
 movie an editable movie and info

Quote:

> mmm.. is there a way to just get the name without all these strange
> symbols in front of it.

QTUserData Track gives them you. Looking on the binary file is only to
see which codes you should use.

mfg
Christian

--
Was soll ich mit 128 Bit- Verschlsselung?
Wenn ich nach 20 Bit etwas schreibe,

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:05:21 GMT

1. animation/movie/movie player?

2. Quicktime Editable Movie

3. Mentamatics: Books and Stories, a movie book by Ellis D. Cooper

4. J data movies

5. Creating MPEG movies in VisualWorks

6. Saving movie compression settings

7. movie player