Printing Problems on Window with RB 5.1 for both the mac and windows
Author Message
 Printing Problems on Window with RB 5.1 for both the mac and windows

I am having trouble getting the printing to work on Windows.

I at first thought it was something odd about my code in the application I
am writing currently but it appears not to be

I have just tried to of the sample peace's of code in the help file and they
both fail.

the first one is this

  Dim g as Graphics
  g=OpenPrinterDialog()
  if g<> Nil then
    g.DrawString "Hello World", 50,50
  End if

and the application crashed as soon as you press the print button

and the second was this

  Dim g as Graphics
  Dim p as PrinterSetup
  p=New PrinterSetup
  If p.PageSetupDialog then
    g=OpenPrinterDialog(p)
    if g<> Nil then
      g.DrawString "Hello World", 50,50
    End if
  End if

and again it crashed as soon as you pressed the print button. It seems ok
when you press the ok button on the page set up box but it crashes when you
press the print button.

I have tried the same thing on the mac and it works fine. I am currently
using the demo version of realbasic 5.1 on both platforms and they both give
the same result on the windows version of the application.

Can anyone help or is this a bug in the current version.

Robin

Thu, 03 Nov 2005 06:25:30 GMT
 Printing Problems on Window with RB 5.1 for both the mac and windows
I have the same problem under win XP with the standard edition.
printing source code also crashes the IDE.

Eric

Quote:
> I am having trouble getting the printing to work on Windows.

> I at first thought it was something odd about my code in the application I
> am writing currently but it appears not to be

> I have just tried to of the sample peace's of code in the help file and
they
> both fail.

> the first one is this

>   Dim g as Graphics
>   g=OpenPrinterDialog()
>   if g<> Nil then
>     g.DrawString "Hello World", 50,50
>   End if

> and the application crashed as soon as you press the print button

> and the second was this

>   Dim g as Graphics
>   Dim p as PrinterSetup
>   p=New PrinterSetup
>   If p.PageSetupDialog then
>     g=OpenPrinterDialog(p)
>     if g<> Nil then
>       g.DrawString "Hello World", 50,50
>     End if
>   End if

> and again it crashed as soon as you pressed the print button. It seems ok
> when you press the ok button on the page set up box but it crashes when
you
> press the print button.

> I have tried the same thing on the mac and it works fine. I am currently
> using the demo version of realbasic 5.1 on both platforms and they both
give
> the same result on the windows version of the application.

> Can anyone help or is this a bug in the current version.

> Robin

Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:34:09 GMT
 Printing Problems on Window with RB 5.1 for both the mac and windows
I have now run my application at work on windows XP and it seems fine well
apart from a problem with the application and positioning on the page which
I need to sort out

So this brings me to the question does RealBasic have problems printing to
certain makes and models of printer on windows, as at home I am using a
Epson Photo EX and Paperport, and at window we have a canon copier, paper
fax thing.

So Eric what printer where you trying to print to?????

Does anyone know anymore on this and has it been a problem in the past????

Robin

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:19:07 GMT

1. RB 5.1 windows : Is it a joke ?

2. Printing Issues in Windows 2000 and Netware 5.1

3. A custom built DLL crashes labview 5.1 in windows 2000 but worked fine in windows 98

4. 814078: Security Update (Microsoft Jscript version 5.1, Windows 98 and Windows N

5. Strange problem with REALBasic 5.1 and window resizing

6. Problems with installation of system and support files with Labview 5.1 on Windows NT.

7. WYSIWYG Window printing in RB?

8. mac version 5.1 compatability problems with pc version 6.1

9. printing problem Clipper 5.1 / Win NT 4

10. printing from windows or mac

11. Clipper 5.3b/Blinker 5.1 and Windows

12. Clipper 5.3b - Blinker 5.1 - Windows NT