AppleScript geting info from editfield
Author Message
 AppleScript geting info from editfield

I'm new to programing and for a school project i'm writing a program
so students can connect to our AFP server easier. currently i've got
my apple script like this then i just acsess it with the button.

mount volume "afp URL" as user name "username" with password
"password"

i need it to get the username from editfiel1 in my realbasic
application and to get the password from editfield2 . I tried doing

mount volume "afp://10.0.0.19/Public/" as user name EditField1  with
password EditField2

but it did not work.

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:14:28 GMT
 AppleScript geting info from editfield

Quote:

> mount volume "afp URL" as user name "username" with password
> "password"

> i need it to get the username from editfiel1 in my realbasic
> application and to get the password from editfield2 . I tried doing

> mount volume "afp://10.0.0.19/Public/" as user name EditField1  with
> password EditField2

No, that wouldn't work, of course.  The AppleScript isn't going to know
what EditField1 and EditField2 are!

What you need to do is write your script like this:

on run {username, pw}
  mount volume "afp://10.0.0.19/Public/" as user name username with
password pw
end run

Then save it as something like "AFPMount", add it to your project and
call it from REALbasic like this:

  AFPMount EditField1.text, EditField2.text

--
-Thomas

e-mail me at thomasareed at <insert home planet> + link.net

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:07:56 GMT
 AppleScript geting info from editfield

Quote:

> What you need to do is write your script like...

In case Gary uses the MBS Plugin, he can of course compile the
AppleScript code on runtime using the AppleScriptMBS class or use the
AFP classes to mount directly his volumes.

Mfg
Christian

--
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 03:54:33 GMT

1. Parsing text, geting the info I want out, howto

2. geting pictures in newsgroup

3. Geting Default Browser Application From App.exe

4. Geting a keyvalue

5. Help needed with: Geting a record

6. Geting mouse release code

7. Geting Light Lib libraries...

8. Problem in geting a memo to print in a report

9. Updating SAYs while GETing

10. Geting Modula-3

11. Error : GETING OBERON

12. GETING OBERON