GetOpenFolderItem greyed out items
Author Message
 GetOpenFolderItem greyed out items

I want users to be able to select a default graphic editing program. When I
use getopenfolderitem("all"), where the Mac creator and Mac type have both
been defined as "????" for the file type "all" in the File Types window,
most OS X applications (eg. Photoshop, Acrobat Reader 5, iMovie, iPhoto,
etc.) are greyed out in the Open dialog. How can I make these apps available
in the Open dialog.

Cheers, Terry

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:24:56 GMT
 GetOpenFolderItem greyed out items

Quote:
> I want users to be able to select a default graphic editing program. When I
> use getopenfolderitem("all"), where the Mac creator and Mac type have both
> been defined as "????" for the file type "all" in the File Types window,
> most OS X applications (eg. Photoshop, Acrobat Reader 5, iMovie, iPhoto,
> etc.) are greyed out in the Open dialog. How can I make these apps available
> in the Open dialog.

Don't use an "all" file type; use one for selecting applications (the
type code should be APPL).  That will work just fine in RB 4.5 or later.
In older versions of RB, you'll need to find or make a plug-in, since
those apps you're pointing out are actually folders masquerading as
apps, and older versions of RB are not savvy to that trick.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sat, 19 Feb 2005 03:33:40 GMT

1. sometime enabled RTM menu items appear greyed out till the mouse moves over them

2. greyed out gifs

3. Greyed out CVF/IDE

4. GetOpenFolderItem and OSXApplications.app

5. GetOpenFolderItem Question?

6. Preview in GetOpenFolderItem

7. Force getOpenFolderItem to specific path ?

8. GetOpenFolderItem and OS X

9. GetOpenFolderItem?

10. GetOpenFolderItem

11. GetOpenFolderItem and SelectFolder methods

12. How to get GetOpenFolderItem to choose OS X Apps