decoding binhex
Author Message
 decoding binhex

I want to decode binhex archive with RB...
but i don't know how?
please help me if you can
thanks

Renaud

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 decoding binhex

Quote:

> I want to decode binhex archive with RB...
> but i don't know how?

Some ideas for this:

binhex (*.hqx) means that the data is reduced to not use chars below
ASCII 32 and upper than 127.
For this they use only 64 chars.
Okay, now encode a file and look which char area is used. I guess 32 to
95.

(De)Coding can be very difficult. Let's show how you could do it:

Normal Bits: 12345678 90123456 78901234...
Coded  Bits: 123456 789012 345678 901234...

You'll have to map the 8 bit chars to 6 bit chars.

Mfg
Christian

--
MegaPoster 1.0
Print your own mega posters up to 500 square meters !

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 decoding binhex
Wasn't there a plugin out there that patched you through to the stuffit extension?
Quote:

> I want to decode binhex archive with RB...
> but i don't know how?
> please help me if you can
> thanks

> Renaud

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 decoding binhex
yes but i don't want to use this plugins for this app (stuffit engine not aways on
all computers)

Seth Lowe a *crit :

Quote:
> Wasn't there a plugin out there that patched you through to the stuffit extension?

> > I want to decode binhex archive with RB...
> > but i don't know how?
> > please help me if you can
> > thanks

> > Renaud

Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 decoding binhex
I'm currently doing such a program. It's not yet finished and will be on
hold until next month as I'm going on holidays.
Contact me back in August.
If you can't wait, you can find the BINHEX format description on the web. I
don't remember where I got it, but I do remember that I made a search with
BINHEX as keyword.

Hope this helps you

Christian

Renaud Pinoit a crit dans le message

Quote:
>I want to decode binhex archive with RB...
>but i don't know how?
>please help me if you can
>thanks

>Renaud

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 decoding binhex

Quote:

> I want to decode binhex archive with RB...
> but i don't know how?
> please help me if you can
> thanks

> Renaud

There is a plugin from Einhugur Software. It is the
e-CryptIt Engine:
- BinHex Encoding and Decoding

http://www.einhugur.com/index.html

Bye
  Alex

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reed-Solomon Decoding with decoding failure signal

2. Binhex module in JPython?

3. MacPython binhex module, anyone?

4. XXencode/decode

5. More tolerant keyword decoding in GNU Emacs

6. decoding UTF8/URL encoded strings

7. Broken decode in APL+Win?

8. decode from literal array performance

9. URL encode and decode

10. Decoding key down events

11. Solution to decoding QUERY_STRING in ksh (Korn Shell)

12. UUENCODE/DECODE Lookalikes in awk