Inserting records into REALbasic database doesn't work!!!!
Author Message
 Inserting records into REALbasic database doesn't work!!!!

I'm having the following problem using REALbasic Carbon 3.1...

my database contains a table with 4 columns: partnumber (varchar),
description (varchar), location (varchar, not null), and quantity (integer,
not null) with primary key partnumber and when I try to add records with
similar data it doesn't work...

won't work...

    old record: "new p/n", "new description", "new location", "999"
    new record: "new p/n", "new description", "new location b", "1000"

does work...

    old record: "old p/n", "old description", "old location", "999"
    new record: "new p/n", "new description", "new location", "1000"

...I'm thinking it has something to do with the primarykey field not being
different in the new record.  If I'm right I'd appreciate help with a
workaround.

Thanks!

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:08:24 GMT
 Inserting records into REALbasic database doesn't work!!!!

Quote:

> ...I'm thinking it has something to do with the primarykey field not being
> different in the new record

Exactly so; IIRC, that's exactly what it means to be a primary key. So if
you didn't want this behavior, don't make that field a primary key. m.

--

*** REALbasic, The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/realbasic/

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:59:28 GMT
[...]

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:21:32 GMT

1. BLT installs but doesn't work, and TkTable doesn't build

2. RECORDS( MFL:Key0 ) doesn't return correct record number

3. How to insert a database record?

4. 'Record Insert Error' message window

5. 'Insert another record' - setting defaults

6. EAI works (or doesn't work) differently under different platforms

7. tkman works/doesn't work [hpux9]

8. Matching Data Types between RealBasic and the RealBasic Database

9. match works, don't match doesn't

10. Bevel Buttons' icon doesn't work

11. re.LOCALE | re.IGNORECASE doesn't work as you'd expect

12. expect's full_buffer doesn't seem to work