Buttons: Mac OK, Windows not OK
Author Message
 Buttons: Mac OK, Windows not OK

My application works perfectly on the Mac, but the .EXE version for
Windows doesn't work: all buttons and a group box are not enabled in the
Windows version. Clicking on them produces only a beep. For instance, my
"AboutBox" works from the menu, but not from the corresponding button.
Same for the "Quit" command: OK from the menu, not via the "Quit"
button.
In the project file, these controls are just enabled by checking the
"Enabled" box in the "properties" window. Is that not good enough for
the Windows version ? Or am I missing something else ?

Thanks to whoever can help a beginner...
--
Franz der Schweizer
Faber fit fabricando

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Buttons: Mac OK, Windows not OK
The Buttons are directly on a window and not a canvas control or similar?
That would be a known bug, I think fixed in one of the current alpha
releases.

: My application works perfectly on the Mac, but the .EXE version for
: Windows doesn't work: all buttons and a group box are not enabled in the
: Windows version. Clicking on them produces only a beep. For instance, my
: "AboutBox" works from the menu, but not from the corresponding button.
: Same for the "Quit" command: OK from the menu, not via the "Quit"
: button.
: In the project file, these controls are just enabled by checking the
: "Enabled" box in the "properties" window. Is that not good enough for
: the Windows version ? Or am I missing something else ?
:
: Thanks to whoever can help a beginner...
: --
: Franz der Schweizer
: Faber fit fabricando
: homepage: http://perso.{*filter*}cable.fr/dardel
:

Computational Biology Group
The Burnham Institute
(formerly La Jolla Cancer Research Inst.)
10901 North Torrey Pines road
La Jolla
CA92037

Phone:(619) 646 3103

http://www.*-*-*.com/
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Buttons: Mac OK, Windows not OK
"Dr. Greg Quinn" a *crit :

Quote:
> The Buttons are directly on a window and not a canvas control or similar?
> That would be a known bug, I think fixed in one of the current alpha
> releases.

Yes, the buttons are plain standard pushbuttons on the window. I may add I'm
using Windows 95 (not 98), both on my Company's Compaq and on my Mac under
VirtualPC.

Quote:

> : My application works perfectly on the Mac, but the .EXE version for
> : Windows doesn't work: all buttons and a group box are not enabled in the
> : Windows version. Clicking on them produces only a beep. For instance, my
> : "AboutBox" works from the menu, but not from the corresponding button.
> : Same for the "Quit" command: OK from the menu, not via the "Quit"
> : button.
> : In the project file, these controls are just enabled by checking the
> : "Enabled" box in the "properties" window. Is that not good enough for
> : the Windows version ? Or am I missing something else ?

--
Franz der Schweizer
Faber fit fabricando
homepage: http://perso.{*filter*}cable.fr/dardel

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Buttons: Mac OK, Windows not OK

Quote:

>My application works perfectly on the Mac, but the .EXE version for
>Windows doesn't work: all buttons and a group box are not enabled in the
>Windows version. Clicking on them produces only a beep. For instance, my
>"AboutBox" works from the menu, but not from the corresponding button.
>Same for the "Quit" command: OK from the menu, not via the "Quit"
>button.
>In the project file, these controls are just enabled by checking the
>"Enabled" box in the "properties" window. Is that not good enough for
>the Windows version ? Or am I missing something else ?

>Thanks to whoever can help a beginner...

Yup, static texts dont let events pass through them on windows, but they do on
the mac!

--
http://www.thsmith.dircon.co.uk
My realbasic programming site. Home of editfield2, fastnthfield, windows log

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Buttons: Mac OK, Windows not OK
Theo a *crit :

Quote:
> Yup, static texts dont let events pass through them on windows, but they do on
> the mac!

I don't understand: where is the static text here ?
--
Franz der Schweizer
Faber fit fabricando
homepage: http://perso.{*filter*}cable.fr/dardel

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Buttons: Mac OK, Windows not OK

Quote:

>Theo a *crit :

>> Yup, static texts dont let events pass through them on windows, but they do on
>> the mac!

>I don't understand: where is the static text here ?

Its a likely one. If your static text on the dialog box overlaps a button, on the
mac you can press the button, and on windows you cant. I dont really know if thats
how it is, but its a guess.

--
http://www.thsmith.dircon.co.uk
My realbasic programming site. Home of editfield2, fastnthfield, windows log
handler and more.

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I wanna do a play button using a .bmp on a ok button

2. CAN error out--OK(1073094667) and OK(1073094763)

3. OK OK, one more plaything

4. OK button calls unwanted routine--No code in OK button embed points.

5. Accepting all fields with an OK button

6. How to code the OK and CANCEL buttons for a form

7. Update Form, Validate fields before OK button?

8. Closing window half way through OK button using ABC/Update Templates

9. Clarion 5.5 PE OK button problem

10. C4 : OK and Cancel button

11. Problem with OK BUTTON

12. ok button problem