Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?
Author Message
 Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?

Hi Everyone,

I currently use Visual Basic 6. But I have been trying to decide if I
want to upgraded to VB.NET or switch to a different Basic IDE and I
was wondering if maybe someone here can answer a few question about
Real Basic for me.

How similar is RB to VB6 ?
Do you think they may develop a Linux version of RB?

Thanks
Chad

Fri, 13 May 2005 04:55:12 GMT
 Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?

Quote:

> Do you think they may develop a Linux version of RB?

If enough people request it, they may if also enough people pay for it.

Mfg
Christian

--
Two thousand functions in one Realbasic plugin. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Fri, 13 May 2005 06:40:20 GMT
 Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?
I've been using Visual Basic since version 1 in 1991. I currently use VB6 at
my day job. I've been using REALbasic at my night job since version 2.2 in
1998 (I think that's the year).

I had no difficulty picking up REALbasic; it's very similar to VB. There's
been minor differences, but nothing I haven't been able to figure out or get
an answer here.

I like RB better; it's like a breath of fresh air.

I hope this helps.

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.realbasic
> Date: 24 Nov 2002 12:55:12 -0800
> Subject: Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?

> Hi Everyone,

> I currently use Visual Basic 6. But I have been trying to decide if I
> want to upgraded to VB.NET or switch to a different Basic IDE and I
> was wondering if maybe someone here can answer a few question about
> Real Basic for me.

> How similar is RB to VB6 ?
> Do you think they may develop a Linux version of RB?

> Thanks
> Chad

Fri, 13 May 2005 07:54:29 GMT
 Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?
Thanks for the info it is very helpful to know I would not be totally
lost if I switch to Real Basic.  I really like the fact that RB can
run on the MAC and PC so as soon as they release a PC version I'm sure
I will purchase a give it a try.

Thanks Again
Chad

Fri, 13 May 2005 14:16:11 GMT
 Switching to Real Basic from Visual Basic?

Quote:

> Thanks for the info it is very helpful to know I would not be totally
> lost if I switch to Real Basic.  I really like the fact that RB can
> run on the MAC and PC so as soon as they release a PC version I'm sure
> I will purchase a give it a try.

Well, that must be January...

Mfg
Christian

--
Two thousand functions in one Realbasic plugin. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Fri, 13 May 2005 22:40:48 GMT

1. Please help Visual Basic Programer with simple read/write text file routine---Real Basic 2.1

2. Visual basic or real basic?

3. old BASIC to REAL BASIC ?

4. BASIC, VISUAL BASIC, C++, DELPHI SOFTWARE FRO CHEAP PRICE

5. Visual dBase vs. Visual Basic

6. visual basic versus visual c++

7. visual ada / visual basic comparisons needed

8. Creating - Fortran 77 dll for use in Visual Basic 6.0 (not using Compaq Visual Fortran)

9. Variable exchange in Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Fortran 5.0

10. compag visual fortran dll callable from visual basic 6

11. Digital Visual Fortran(DVF) or Visual Basic??

12. Visual FORTRAN and Visual Basic.