Sound in RealBasic 4 Prof. (er, RealBasic)
Author Message
 Sound in RealBasic 4 Prof. (er, RealBasic)

Hi,

I just started working with REALBasic 4 Prof. and wanted to know how I can
create "Sound" files for my applicatons?

I just received my iBook (600mhz, yep, new Apple user) and I am using Mac OS
X (10.1.2).

I know how to play sounds from with the application, but being a Mac OS
newbie I am not sure how to make these files.   Any information on what I
should use will be appreciated.

So far, I like the Mac OS X and RealBasic is real nice! :)

Paul

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:21:22 GMT
 Sound in RealBasic 4 Prof. (er, RealBasic)

Quote:

> I just started working with REALBasic 4 Prof. and wanted to know how I can
> create "Sound" files for my applicatons?

Well, the usual way is to hire a sound designer to make them for you.
But to do it yourself, you need a sound editor.  Check the Mac Web
Directory (URL below); it lists quite a few.

Cheers,
- Joe

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 05:37:48 GMT
 Sound in RealBasic 4 Prof. (er, RealBasic)

Quote:

> Well, the usual way is to hire a sound designer to make them for you.
> But to do it yourself, you need a sound editor.  Check the Mac Web
> Directory (URL below); it lists quite a few.

For a very, very basic way to capture sound, you should be able to use the
"Sound" control panel in Mac OS 9, but you have to boot up in 9 (eek!). You
can't access the "New Sound" utility from OS X Classic.

Matheau Dakoske

--

Code Line Communications
http://www.code-line.com/software

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 05:57:18 GMT
 Sound in RealBasic 4 Prof. (er, RealBasic)
Hi,

Thanks for all the input on what to try out.  I picked up "Amadeus II"
(bought a copy) for OS X.  It works great for what I want to do.

Amadeus II is at:
http://www.unige.ch/math/folks/hairer/martin/Amad2.html

Paul

Quote:

> > Well, the usual way is to hire a sound designer to make them for you.
> > But to do it yourself, you need a sound editor.  Check the Mac Web
> > Directory (URL below); it lists quite a few.

> For a very, very basic way to capture sound, you should be able to use the
> "Sound" control panel in Mac OS 9, but you have to boot up in 9 (eek!).
You
> can't access the "New Sound" utility from OS X Classic.

> Matheau Dakoske

> --

> Code Line Communications
> http://www.code-line.com/software

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 22:23:24 GMT

1. realbasic to excel/realbasic vers excel

2. Matching Data Types between RealBasic and the RealBasic Database

3. Sound Problem in Realbasic

4. Sound resource in RealBasic.

5. Looping over a directory and reading Jpegs into a database -- Realbasic 4.5

6. Access serial (via USB) port in RealBasic - example source wanted

7. Is this doable in RealBasic?

8. RealBasic 4.5 ???

9. WTB: Older version of RealBasic

10. REALbasic ID3v2.3 reader

11. Realbasic and Printing reports from SQL DB

12. Wizard in Realbasic