make script able 
Author Message
 make script able

hello,

how can i made my application apple scriptable? i had to react on apple
events or somethins else?

thanx MArC



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:

> hello,

> how can i made my application apple scriptable? i had to react on apple
> events or somethins else?

Your app must control itself via appleevents. This appleevents can be
monitored and make to english commands using an AETE resource.

Mfg
Christian

--
Beruehmte Irrtuemer (02):
Die Platte kriegst du nie im Leben voll.

http://www.christians-software.de (Kostenlose Mac/Win Software)



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:

> Your app must control itself via appleevents. This appleevents can be
> monitored and make to english commands using an AETE resource.

thank you. but can you tell me more about. i searched the web for aete
but i can't found something usefull to create these resource. have you
an introduction for me?

at this time i changed my app to control itself with ae and it works. is
this necessary to work internal with ae or is it possible to made only a
fassade ae handling?

MArC



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:

> at this time i changed my app to control itself with ae and it works. is
> this necessary to work internal with ae or is it possible to made only a
> fassade ae handling?

Your events can only be translateted to german, if you make an aete
Resource. Have you searched on apple's dev site ?

Mfg
Christian

--
MegaPoster 1.0
Print your own mega posters up to 500 square meters !
Info and Demo at: http://megaposter.christians-software.de



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:

> Your events can only be translateted to german, if you make an aete
> Resource.

why?

Quote:
>Have you searched on apple's dev site ?

oh yes. i spend a lot of time to find things that confuse me. i get some
tools like "AETEGizmo", "ResKnife" or "AEDR". but no introduction how
can i build these resource.

have you one more tip please?

MArC



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:


> > Your events can only be translateted to german, if you make an aete
> > Resource.

> why?

sorry: to english.
For AppleScript the information which command belongs to which event is
stored in the aete resource.

Quote:

> >Have you searched on apple's dev site ?

> oh yes. i spend a lot of time to find things that confuse me. i get some
> tools like "AETEGizmo", "ResKnife" or "AEDR". but no introduction how
> can i build these resource.

Somewhere was a resource for ResEdit and there are several RB apps to do
this job.

Mfg
Christian

--
Bei Microsoft kann man fr viel Geld Windows Schulungen machen.
Man wird dann MSCE (Minesweeper Consultant and Solitaire Expert)!

http://www.christians-software.de (Kostenlose Mac/Win Software)



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able
Hi,

I have a complete framework that
- lets you create an aete in REALBasic code
- shows how to handle AppleEvents
- implements most of the object model for you
It depends in part on a plugin that I developed.

This framework is still rough and it lacks documentation and a tutorial.
But I have people who are looking at it to see if it is worth anything.
Since this takes some time it may take a while before I am able to release
it. So I hope that you are not in a hurry ...

But this framework assumes you are familiair with the meaning of the
classes and the event id's. Also, it does not help you design a good
dictionary. So you will still have to look for information. Eg. go to
http://www.macscripter.net
and read the tech talk by Peter Fine.

Eddy Walet

Quote:

> hello,

> how can i made my application apple scriptable? i had to react on apple
> events or somethins else?

> thanx MArC



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:


> > Your events can only be translateted to german, if you make an aete
> > Resource.

> why?

The 'aete' resource shows AppleScript what the commands are for your
various AppleEvents. I think that's what Christian is getting at by
saying it translates your events into a human language (german or
english). There's a shareware aete editor called EightyRez that I like,
personally. Shouldn't be hard to find.

Quote:
> >Have you searched on apple's dev site ?

> oh yes. i spend a lot of time to find things that confuse me. i get some
> tools like "AETEGizmo", "ResKnife" or "AEDR". but no introduction how
> can i build these resource.

Go to <http://www.apple.com/applescript/> and click on the 'Developers'
button. There are some good introductions to making an application
scriptable there.

There's also an AppleScript SDK (software developer's kit) from Apple,
which should be linked to the page I mentioned above. It's a big
download, but has more information than you probably need. :-)

--
"A speck of dust now blows away/Epiphanies can never stay."



Thu, 26 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:



> > > Your events can only be translateted to german, if you make an aete
> > > Resource.

> > why?

> The 'aete' resource shows AppleScript what the commands are for your
> various AppleEvents. I think that's what Christian is getting at by
> saying it translates your events into a human language (german or
> english). There's a shareware aete editor called EightyRez that I like,
> personally. Shouldn't be hard to find.

EightyRez is free now (I have a free one downloaded 1 month ago); The creator
include the serial number into a downloaded folder and documentation.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> > >Have you searched on apple's dev site ?

> > oh yes. i spend a lot of time to find things that confuse me. i get some
> > tools like "AETEGizmo", "ResKnife" or "AEDR". but no introduction how
> > can i build these resource.

> Go to <http://www.apple.com/applescript/> and click on the 'Developers'
> button. There are some good introductions to making an application
> scriptable there.

> There's also an AppleScript SDK (software developer's kit) from Apple,
> which should be linked to the page I mentioned above. It's a big
> download, but has more information than you probably need. :-)

> --
> "A speck of dust now blows away/Epiphanies can never stay."



Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 make script able

Quote:



> > > Your events can only be translateted to german, if you make an aete
> > > Resource.

> > why?

> The 'aete' resource shows AppleScript what the commands are for your
> various AppleEvents. I think that's what Christian is getting at by
> saying it translates your events into a human language (german or
> english). There's a shareware aete editor called EightyRez that I like,
> personally. Shouldn't be hard to find.

EightyRez is free now; The download include the serial number.


Fri, 27 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 10 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Making an *.EXE out of a Object Rexx script

2. ada making linux script calls

3. Searching a script for making Lens Flare !!??

4. Making a standalone script

5. making python scripts backwards compatible

6. making python scripts backwards compatible

7. Making Python Script into an Executable.

8. Win32 : Making script.py executable in DOS box

9. question about making persistant shell variables from a script

10. Making tcl scripts C executables

11. Making and exe from a script....

12. Great Article: Tcl + Java = A match made for scripting

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software