Making your RB apps Scriptable
Author Message
 Making your RB apps Scriptable

Where can I find information on making my built RB Application scriptable?
I would like to offer this feature in my RB apps to make them more Mac like
and such...thank you.

---------
Ivan's Color Picker - a great color picking, manipulation, conversion and
comparison tool built using Real Basic 3.0
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:13:48 GMT
 Making your RB apps Scriptable

Quote:

> Where can I find information on making my built RB Application scriptable?

The Apple Events chapter in my book has a section about this. Basically
you just create an aete resource describing the Apple events you are
willing to receive. When an Apple event arrives, you get a
HandleAppleEvent event. That's all there is to it. For a simple example,
download my REALfish application source.

On the other hand, parsing the incoming event's parameter is up to you.
This can be a lot of work if you want to conform to the object model. But
then, any application that wants to be scriptable must do this work. There
are articles in back issues of MacTech, Develop, etc., on how to do it. m.

--

*** REALbasic, The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/realbasic/

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:45:26 GMT
 Making your RB apps Scriptable

Quote:

> Where  can  I  find  information  on  making  my built  RB Application
> scriptable? I would like to offer this feature in my  RB apps  to make
> them more Mac like and such...thank you.

go to <www.thsmith.dircon.co.uk/programmer/>

then click on "Links",

then click on

Dan  V's  site  -  A  few  very  extensive  tutorials for  RB. Including
applescript support for RB.

--
Email Cleaner does convenient re-wrapping on badly wrapped emails and
newsgroup-posts. Badly wrapped lines is a problem every Internet User

Email Cleaner works from inside all of your Mac programs, from one
button click.

<http://www.thsmith.dircon.co.uk/emailcleaner/>

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:46:45 GMT

1. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

2. Sending Emails from RB made apps?

3. Making 2 RB apps communicating on the same computer

4. RB 3.2.1 compiling for OS X makes weird colors

5. Making a CSM with RB

6. MaxNews v0.82d - A NewsReader 100 % RB made

7. Program made with RB?

8. rb2exe.rb - making executables from rubyscripts

9. Localization (multi-language) apps with RB 3.5

10. Weird problem running two RB apps simultaneously in Win32

11. RB apps slow?

12. scripting windows app from rb