Good intro to Windows Programming?
Author Message
 Good intro to Windows Programming?

(Oh, God, I can't believe I'm asking this!)

Can anyone recommend a good book or online resource for someone new to
programming for the Windows operating system?

Thanks,

Chip

Sun, 02 May 2004 12:50:20 GMT
 Good intro to Windows Programming?

Quote:
> (Oh, God, I can't believe I'm asking this!)

> Can anyone recommend a good book or online resource for someone new to
> programming for the Windows operating system?

> Thanks,

> Chip

P.S. Do I recall someone in this group is working on a book for RB
programmers compiling for Windows? Was it Christian Schmitz?

Sun, 02 May 2004 12:51:47 GMT
 Good intro to Windows Programming?

Quote:

> P.S. Do I recall someone in this group is working on a book for RB
> programmers compiling for Windows? Was it Christian Schmitz?

Sure, but not a book. My "Windows Porting guide" is a 25 KB text. But
there are still lot's of examples missing.

Mfg
Christian

--
If Microsoft owned OS X, they woulda shipped it looong ago

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Sun, 02 May 2004 16:25:04 GMT
 Good intro to Windows Programming?
Hello,

http://msdn.microsoft.com is the only Online resource you will need. (Also
avilable on CDs from Microsoft)

Programming Application for Microsoft Windows by Jeffrey Richter

Regards,
Alexander

Quote:
> (Oh, God, I can't believe I'm asking this!)

> Can anyone recommend a good book or online resource for someone new to
> programming for the Windows operating system?

> Thanks,

> Chip

Mon, 03 May 2004 00:21:01 GMT
 Good intro to Windows Programming?

(*snip*)

Quote:
> Sure, but not a book. My "Windows Porting guide" is a 25 KB text. But
> there are still lot's of examples missing.

(*snip*)

What? No (direct) link?

--gdw

--
Remove the 'nyet' and you're all set.

Wed, 05 May 2004 15:43:59 GMT
 Good intro to Windows Programming?

Quote:

> What? No (direct) link?

not yet finished and only german for now.

Mfg
Christian

--
Free MacOS and Win95/98/NT programs at
http://www.christians-software.de

Wed, 05 May 2004 19:14:55 GMT
 Good intro to Windows Programming?

Quote:

> > What? No (direct) link?

> not yet finished and only german for now.

Okay ... so when it's finished (and in English; I've asked you to
translate your .sigs often enough so that you know my German is
non-existant), will you post the link?  That would be Good.

--gdw

Quote:

--
Remove the 'nyet' and you're all set.

Fri, 07 May 2004 15:56:21 GMT
 Good intro to Windows Programming?

Quote:

> Okay ... so when it's finished (and in English; I've asked you to
> translate your .sigs often enough so that you know my German is
> non-existant), will you post the link?  That would be Good.

I'll publish it, when it's ready.
I think I'll make it a PDF with two columns. English and German.

Mfg
Christian

--
Apple Computer Inc.
Proudly going out of business since 1976.

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win Software)

Fri, 07 May 2004 16:13:04 GMT

1. HC 2.2 good for programming intro?

2. Best Logic Programming intro ever

3. Good books for MVC programming intro

4. Good intro book on Smalltalk?

5. Wanted: Good Intro/Reference text for Smalltalk

6. Wanted: Good Intro/Reference text for Smalltalk

7. Good Intro Text for Forth

8. Any good intro to Logo books?

9. Good intro book?

10. Is SICP a better intro than `SAP'?

11. Your vote for best verilog intro text?

12. (FAQ?) Need recommendation for good Fortran intro book