popupmenu shadows persist in tabpanel
Author Message
 popupmenu shadows persist in tabpanel

I'm using RB 3.5.3 under OS X 10.1.3 building a carbon application using
a tabpanel. On each tab panel are usually several popupmenu controls. I
have the tabs set to be not visible and navigate through the various
panels using a popupmenu set in place of a groupbox title, the groupbox
containing the tabpanel. So what I'm trying to create is like set of
preference panels controlled by a popupmenu. As I switch between panels,
the shadows around the popupmenus appear as ghost images on the other
tabpanels. How do I get rid of those?

I've noticed that if I set the tabs to be visible, this problem doesn't
occur, but seeing the greyed out tabs and shadow of the tabpanel kind of
blows the effect.

By the way, if there's a better way of creating a preference panel like
this please let me know. I have about 19 panels each with about 20
controls on them. I'm using a tabpanel so I can lay out each panel
without the clutter of all the other panels' controls. But all of these
controls are in one window so it's one huge list of names in the code
editor. I'd like to have separately editable panels that can just be
switched in and out of visibility in the application window by using the
popupmenu control.

Thanks - Steve.

Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:37:39 GMT
 popupmenu shadows persist in tabpanel
by the way, i downloaded RB 4.5a1 from the ftp site and tried the
PanelPage feature and it also leaves the popupmenu shadows as ghost images.
Quote:

> I'm using RB 3.5.3 under OS X 10.1.3 building a carbon application
> using a tabpanel. On each tab panel are usually several popupmenu
> controls. I have the tabs set to be not visible and navigate through
> the various panels using a popupmenu set in place of a groupbox title,
> the groupbox containing the tabpanel. So what I'm trying to create is
> like set of preference panels controlled by a popupmenu. As I switch
> between panels, the shadows around the popupmenus appear as ghost
> images on the other tabpanels. How do I get rid of those?

> I've noticed that if I set the tabs to be visible, this problem
> doesn't occur, but seeing the greyed out tabs and shadow of the
> tabpanel kind of blows the effect.

> By the way, if there's a better way of creating a preference panel
> like this please let me know. I have about 19 panels each with about
> 20 controls on them. I'm using a tabpanel so I can lay out each panel
> without the clutter of all the other panels' controls. But all of
> these controls are in one window so it's one huge list of names in the
> code editor. I'd like to have separately editable panels that can just
> be switched in and out of visibility in the application window by
> using the popupmenu control.

> Thanks - Steve.

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:27:00 GMT
 popupmenu shadows persist in tabpanel

Quote:

> by the way, i downloaded RB 4.5a1 from the ftp site and tried the
> PanelPage feature and it also leaves the popupmenu shadows as ghost images.

>> I'm using RB 3.5.3 under OS X 10.1.3 building a carbon application
>> using a tabpanel. On each tab panel are usually several popupmenu
>> controls. I have the tabs set to be not visible and navigate through
>> the various panels using a popupmenu set in place of a groupbox title,
>> the groupbox containing the tabpanel. So what I'm trying to create is
>> like set of preference panels controlled by a popupmenu. As I switch
>> between panels, the shadows around the popupmenus appear as ghost
>> images on the other tabpanels. How do I get rid of those?

>> I've noticed that if I set the tabs to be visible, this problem
>> doesn't occur, but seeing the greyed out tabs and shadow of the
>> tabpanel kind of blows the effect.

>> By the way, if there's a better way of creating a preference panel
>> like this please let me know. I have about 19 panels each with about
>> 20 controls on them. I'm using a tabpanel so I can lay out each panel
>> without the clutter of all the other panels' controls. But all of
>> these controls are in one window so it's one huge list of names in the
>> code editor. I'd like to have separately editable panels that can just
>> be switched in and out of visibility in the application window by
>> using the popupmenu control.

>> Thanks - Steve.

If I put a popup menu in it shows OK in the IDE but the top and bottom of
the popup menu are cut off when you view the tab with it on.

I put refresh in after changing the panel and it shows it OK. Try it. It
looks like RS didn't make the window refresh after changing panels. Someone
had better REALbug this.

Regards.
--------
Chris Willis - Macinware
http://www.macinware.f2s.com

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:07:00 GMT

1. BLT treeview's -shadow option: Fatal error when -shadow {}

2. Problems with TabPanel under RB 4.5

3. Tabpanel controls

4. TabPanel -finding which panel was selected

5. TabPanel problems

6. Flickering Canvas on TabPanel in classic OS

7. troubles with tabpanel

8. Disabling one tab of the tabpanel....

9. Re : TabPanel control in RB 2.0

10. Anyway to move object to different panel in TabPanel

11. TabPanel usage

12. Hide / Show tabs in a TabPanel