Question about RB and AppleScript
Author Message
 Question about RB and AppleScript

When I drop the compiled script into my RB program is it possible to pass
parameters to it?  Like

RemoteScript(username, password, connectnumber)

and if it is possible how do I handle the variables within the script?

Thanks
Hades

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:37:28 GMT
 Question about RB and AppleScript

28/2/01 3:07 PM:

Quote:
> When I drop the compiled script into my RB program is it possible to pass
> parameters to it?  Like

> RemoteScript(username, password, connectnumber)

> and if it is possible how do I handle the variables within the script?

> Thanks
> Hades

Yeah, for example:

--- Begin example

(AS - "OpenFile")
on run {FileToOpen}
    tell application "Finder"
        activate
        open item FileToOpen
    end tell
end run

(RB)
OpenFile "Macintosh HD:System Folder:"

--- End example

HTH,

Jonathon Mah

------------------
Jonathon Mah

Jonathon Mah, Vizspring Software
Lead Developer
http://www.vizspring.com

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:42:33 GMT
 Question about RB and AppleScript

Quote:

on
> 28/2/01 3:07 PM:

> > When I drop the compiled script into my RB program is it possible to
pass
> > parameters to it?  Like

> > RemoteScript(username, password, connectnumber)

> > and if it is possible how do I handle the variables within the script?

> > Thanks
> > Hades

> Yeah, for example:

> --- Begin example

> (AS - "OpenFile")
> on run {FileToOpen}
>     tell application "Finder"
>         activate
>         open item FileToOpen
>     end tell
> end run

> (RB)
> OpenFile "Macintosh HD:System Folder:"

> --- End example

> HTH,

> Jonathon Mah

> ------------------
> Jonathon Mah

> Jonathon Mah, Vizspring Software
> Lead Developer
> http://www.vizspring.com

So in that example it would open the system folder?

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 05:30:11 GMT
 Question about RB and AppleScript

1/3/01 8:00 AM:

Quote:
> So in that example it would open the system folder?

Yep

Jonathon Mah

------------------
Jonathon Mah

Jonathon Mah, Vizspring Software
Lead Developer
http://www.vizspring.com

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:48:10 GMT

1. Applescript/RB Question.

2. RB and AppleScript question again.

3. Hot to run AppleScript within my RB prog?

4. Start running an uncompiled AppleScript by RB app

5. calling applescript from RB again

6. RB and AppleScript

7. Applescript/RB help

8. install.rb/setup.rb question

9. RB QuickStart Guider from RB

10. launching an RB app from another RB app - appleevents

11. RB Entwickler gesucht / RB Developers wanted

12. RB: row order by RB database