select folder
Author Message
 select folder

has anyone tried the selectfolder function in RB 2.1a29??

looks very strange on windows32!!!!!!!!

cu

Jan

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 select folder
That is because it is now the correct Win32 dialog for the job. The
previous versions just showed the Select File dialog which wasn't
correct and caused problems in my programs that used it.
Quote:

> has anyone tried the selectfolder function in RB 2.1a29??

> looks very strange on windows32!!!!!!!!

> cu

> Jan

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 select folder

Quote:

> That is because it is now the correct Win32 dialog for the job. The
> previous versions just showed the Select File dialog which wasn't
> correct and caused problems in my programs that used it.

previous versions caused my apps to crash and didn't show the select
file dialog!!
But thats past!

I worked a lot of time on windows-PCs, and i've never seen such a
dialog!!!

Jan

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 select folder
WinAmp uses it when you select a directory for somthing. I can't think
of any others off the top of my head. There is the old Win3.1 style that
some programs still use.

Jonathan

Quote:

> > That is because it is now the correct Win32 dialog for the job. The
> > previous versions just showed the Select File dialog which wasn't
> > correct and caused problems in my programs that used it.

> previous versions caused my apps to crash and didn't show the select
> file dialog!!
> But thats past!

> I worked a lot of time on windows-PCs, and i've never seen such a
> dialog!!!

> Jan

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 select folder

Quote:

> WinAmp uses it when you select a directory for somthing. I can't think
> of any others off the top of my head. There is the old Win3.1 style that
> some programs still use.

so why does RB use an old win3.1 style????

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 select folder
RB doesnt use a win3.1 style, but other apps do. Clear now?

Quote:

--
--blackhole
http://blackholes.virtualave.net/links/

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. RB 4.02 Select Folder Problem

2. Select File or Folder

3. SHBrowseForFolder with a pre-selected starting folder

4. ?Select vi's from different folders

5. OODialog Tree view for selecting a directory/folder

6. Selecting a folder on local machine

7. Hierarchial ListBoxes -- expanded folder inside a folder?

8. creating folders and sub folders

9. How to list files, folders and all their files under the folders

10. Clarion Browse using SQL doing a SELECT ASC and then SELECT DESC

11. select and select

12. ASSOCIATE, SELECT TYPE, and SELECT CASE