Global floating window bug?
Author Message
 Global floating window bug?

Hello folks.
I have a question about the behavior of a global floating window.

Please see if this is replicated on your machine: (Or if you have seen this
before, let me know if it should or should not work, please.)

*Create a new project.
*Window set to GFW, no Mac Proc ID.
*Add an editfield.
*Run the project and type into the editfield.
*Now, click the desktop area.
*Click back into the editfield, or the windows title bar.
*Try to resume typing into the editfield.

On my system, this won't work. I can't resume typing into the editfield
after the window loses focus. Furthermore, I can't overwrite or  cut the
text in the field.

I sent a sample project that had the same layout as above to RB Support, and
the tech said he can resume typing, but it is in OS 9.22.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or assuming an ability that the GFW can't
handle?

What's wrong with my system (if this works for everyone else...).
Running RB 4.02 and 10.1.3 on an iBook 600.

I appreciate the help.

Have a good day,
Scott

While I was typing this, I got the following from RB support:
---------
I just realized this when I tested in 10.1.3. The only tip that I have is to
send in a bug report using REALbugs. I just tried it with the latest 4.5
alpha and it does not work there either.
--------------

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:56:17 GMT
 Global floating window bug?

Quote:

> Hello folks.
> I have a question about the behavior of a global floating window.

> Please see if this is replicated on your machine: (Or if you have seen this
> before, let me know if it should or should not work, please.)

> *Create a new project.
> *Window set to GFW, no Mac Proc ID.
> *Add an editfield.
> *Run the project and type into the editfield.
> *Now, click the desktop area.
> *Click back into the editfield, or the windows title bar.
> *Try to resume typing into the editfield.

Not only there, in the IDE environment as well.

If you run a project and you have code windows that have stayed open
when you run the project, and you click in one of them, then you cannot
come back in your running window. You have to Quit and Run again.

Jacques Thriault

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:45:25 GMT

1. Keydown in Global floating window

2. Global floating window

3. Global Floating Windows under OS X

4. Global Floating Windows

5. backdrop in global floating window

6. Global Floating Window is not closable in System Extension

7. Global Floating window question.

8. Global Floating Windows

9. Pb with BackColor on Global Floating Window

10. Global Floating Windows

11. Questions about Global Floating Windows

12. clipboard in floating global window