Apple Events attributes
Author Message
 Apple Events attributes

Hi folks
I've just a simple question:
Were  I can find the completly list of the attributes for AppleEvents?
(e.g. ae = NewAppleEvent("fndr","rest","MACS"), how Can I know that fndr
is Finder or rest stay for restart?)
Thanks

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:48:03 GMT
 Apple Events attributes

Quote:

> Hi folks
> I've just a simple question:
> Were  I can find the completly list of the attributes for AppleEvents?
> (e.g. ae = NewAppleEvent("fndr","rest","MACS"), how Can I know that fndr
> is Finder or rest stay for restart?)

No. There is no such list.

Mfg
Christian

--
Ich habe schon einige Leute erlebt, die mit dem Mac unglcklich
geworden sind (zuwenig Probleme, zuviel Freizeit...)

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:58:40 GMT
 Apple Events attributes

Quote:

> > Were  I can find the completly list of the attributes for AppleEvents?
> > (e.g. ae = NewAppleEvent("fndr","rest","MACS"), how Can I know that fndr
> > is Finder or rest stay for restart?)

> No. There is no such list.

No solution?
:(

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 05:22:02 GMT
 Apple Events attributes

Quote:

> No solution?

I write compiled scripts and open them in Resedit to read the codes.

Mfg
Christian

--
MacUser aus dem Raum Koblenz-Andernach

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 05:44:45 GMT
 Apple Events attributes

Quote:
>> > Were  I can find the completly list of the attributes for AppleEvents?
>> > (e.g. ae = NewAppleEvent("fndr","rest","MACS"), how Can I know that fndr
>> > is Finder or rest stay for restart?)

>> No. There is no such list.

> No solution?
> :(

The scriptables applications, under MacOS classic (Don't know MacOS 10) have
resources of type 'aete' (Appearing in ResEdit as hex.).
These resources store the link between the appleEvent (Class, ID)
and its name (In the scriptEditor).
So, for example, the restart appleEvent, as the Finder is scriptable, appear
in its aete 0. There are several 'aete' editors for ResEdit, more or less
good.
There is an aete editor, freeware now, named "EightyRez" (Better than
ResEdit). For example, with EightyRez, you open the "Finder" (If your is
multifinder compatible), you look for the AE suite you want, and inside, for
the name of the AE, as appearing in the script Editor; You open this AE and
its Class/ID are shown in a new window.

Sat, 25 Dec 2004 07:01:17 GMT
 Apple Events attributes

Quote:

> There is an aete editor, freeware now, named "EightyRez" (Better than
> ResEdit).

I read better things about it, but the link to download it on
http://www.panix.com/~gmcgath/EightyRez.html is broken.
Another link please?
Thank you for information

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 05:33:45 GMT
 Apple Events attributes

Uhr:

Quote:

>> There is an aete editor, freeware now, named "EightyRez" (Better than
>> ResEdit).

> I read better things about it, but the link to download it on
> http://www.panix.com/~gmcgath/EightyRez.html is broken.
> Another link please?
> Thank you for information

A version of ResEdit with an aete(or aeut) is available at
ftp://ftp.realsoftware.com/Assistance/Utilities/ResEdit%202.1.3%20+%2...
.sit

If you want, I would send you my copy of EightyRez.

Sun, 26 Dec 2004 12:33:02 GMT
 Apple Events attributes

Quote:
> A version of ResEdit with an aete(or aeut) is available at
> ftp://ftp.realsoftware.com/Assistance/Utilities/ResEdit%202.1.3%20+%2...
> .sit

> If you want, I would send you my copy of EightyRez.

Thanks I'll be very happy.

:)

Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:34:02 GMT

1. Receiving Apple Events in a RB app (HandleAppleEvent event)

2. A Carbon/Apple Event?

3. Apple Event questions

4. handling objects in Apple events

5. REQ: Apple Event for restarting the computer

6. Apple Event Question

7. Apple events

8. Apple Events over TCP/IP

9. apple event code ?

10. Apple Event

11. Apple event odoc on Win XP

12. How to RECEIVE a custom apple event?