Special Chars between platforms
Author Message
 Special Chars between platforms

Hi I have A LOT of text that requires special characters like ? (circle
R) and Degree symbol among others. I'm importing this text into RB and
then the special characters change when the application runs on the
Windows side. What's the best thing for me to do?

Please help - Thanks -Adrian

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:14:25 GMT
 Special Chars between platforms
In article

Quote:

> Hi I have A LOT of text that requires special characters like ? (circle
> R) and Degree symbol among others. I'm importing this text into RB and
> then the special characters change when the application runs on the
> Windows side. What's the best thing for me to do?

GetTextConverter. But be aware that some special characters just don't
have equivalents on the dark side. m.

--

          *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:30:35 GMT
 Special Chars between platforms

Quote:

> I'm importing this text into RB and then the special characters change
> when the application runs on the Windows side. What's the best thing for
> me to do?

If this text is inside an editfield or a statictext while compiling it's
translated by RB.

For translation on runtime on PPC Macs you can use textconverters.

Mfg
Christian

--
Think Different!
An Apple a day keeps Wintel away!

http://www.christians-software.de (Free Mac/Win software)

Sun, 08 Feb 2004 01:48:11 GMT

1. Control chars and special chars

2. Control chars and special chars

3. special chars in strings ...

4. special chars in strings ..., now: generating primes...

5. Off Topic (special chars in EBCDIC/ASCII)

6. Using special ascii chars to draw graphs

7. special chars and output encoding with Sablotron (XSLT)

8. accent (special char) with python

9. Can't escape special chars in regex.match

10. Stopping special chars from showing in a text widget

11. reading special chars with Tcl interp

12. problem in regexp (for special chars)