Magically Disappearing Menus
Author Message
 Magically Disappearing Menus

Okay, I laid out the menus, and enabled them using the EnableMenuItems
event. I also assigned a Menu Handler to each menu item. no here's the
problem. all of them work fine, except for the "Close Window" menu button.
once you select that it disables all the other menus (except for the Quit
command).

I thought that I might put this code in the Close Window menu handler:

Function Action as Boolean
 window1.show
 WindowMainWindow.Enable
 AppleAboutDefenseAlliance.Enable
 FileClose.Enable
End function

but it didn't work since i looked in the language reference and found that
it'll only work inside the EnableMenuItems Event...So I'm kinda at a
roadblock now. Any help would be appreicated, thanks

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:44:37 GMT
 Magically Disappearing Menus

Quote:
>Okay, I laid out the menus, and enabled them using the EnableMenuItems
>event. I also assigned a Menu Handler to each menu item. no here's the
>problem. all of them work fine, except for the "Close Window" menu button.
>once you select that it disables all the other menus (except for the Quit
>command).

That's probably because your menu items are being enabled inside the window's
EnableMenuItems event. With the window gone, there's no EnableMenuItems event
to enable those menu items.

Create an instance of the Application class in your project, and move the code
that's in the window's EnableMenuItems event into the app's EnableMenuItems
event.

--
"Quand la morale triomphe, il se passe des choses tres vilaines."
Literature. Art. Photography. Forums. Shareware. Kink. Sex.

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 00:57:36 GMT
 Magically Disappearing Menus

Quote:

> I thought that I might put this code in the Close Window menu handler:

put the line "enablemenuitems"  into the close event.

mfg
Christian

--
PLZ Suche
Das einzige Postleitzahlensuchprogramm fr Mac OS

Download unter <http://plz.macsw.de>

Wed, 15 Sep 2004 01:00:38 GMT

1. disappearing and reappearing menu

2. Disappearing mouse on menu bar

3. Disappearing Menus on Windows TclApp wrapped code

4. Auto-magically determine your class/method in Ruby

5. pickle magically not working

6. Menu ID of Bevel Button Menu

7. Menu Items in OS X Apple Menu

8. Sub-Menus in BevelButton Menu

9. putting a menu item in a menu

10. Dynamic menu-rights/Enable and Disable menu-items

11. Add menu items to File menu

12. A menu like Windows menu