bevelbutton background
Author Message
 bevelbutton background

I am creating a menu system for a game in RealBasic and the background of
the window is black. I have tried making the background of the button black
also, because I was trying to get rid of the outline of the bevel button. I
don't want the outline of the button to show up. I have made a graphic the
exact size of each button, but the outline still shows up.
Is there any way of getting rid of this outline of the button all together?

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 03:55:51 GMT
 bevelbutton background

Quote:
> I am creating a menu system for a game in RealBasic and the background of
> the window is black. I have tried making the background of the button black
> also, because I was trying to get rid of the outline of the bevel button. I
> don't want the outline of the button to show up. I have made a graphic the
> exact size of each button, but the outline still shows up.
> Is there any way of getting rid of this outline of the button all together?

Sure, just don't use a bevelbutton. There are numbers custom button classes
based on the canvas control, and it's an easy thing to do. Make your canvas
subclass, give it some picture properties for up and down states, then in
the mousedown event, set a boolean property to true, draw the down state,
and return true. In the drag event, if the down propety is true but the
cursor is outside of the control's bounds, then draw the up state and set
the property to false. If the property is false and the cursor is within the
control's bounds, then set it to true and draw the down state. In the
mouseup event, if the cursor is within the bounds, draw the up state and
call the action custom event. Again, there are numerous examples of this
available on the web.

-- Owen

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 06:25:06 GMT
 bevelbutton background

Quote:
> Is there any way of getting rid of this outline of the button all together?

Try to put the buttons behind your canvas(?).

MfG, Metti.

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:14:01 GMT

1. BLT [graph configure -background] doesn't affect axis backgrounds on my Sun

2. bevelbutton text

3. Bevelbutton Checkmark

4. How to Insert picture to BevelButton downdrag list?

5. bevelbutton

6. Sub-Menus in BevelButton Menu

7. EnableMenuItems call from a BevelButton

8. PushButton/BevelButton

9. BevelButton + PICT

10. Bevelbutton Pressing

11. Trivial BevelButton problem :)