RB 4.02 Select Folder Problem
Author Message
 RB 4.02 Select Folder Problem

One of my consumer have problem selecting foler from my application. As
soon he it the select Folder he get a "Nil objet exeption". But
everybody else have no problem. Here's my code:

  ProcessDir = SelectFolder

  if processdir <> nil then
.... [Some process]
  End if

He have a dual processor mac machine running MacOS 9.1. Is it possible
that machine is missing some Library to bring up the select folder
dialog box?

TIA

Dominique Uris
MacSol Computer Consulting
www.macsol.ca

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 23:18:47 GMT
 RB 4.02 Select Folder Problem

Quote:

> One of my consumer have problem selecting foler from my application. As
> soon he it the select Folder he get a "Nil objet exeption".
> He have a dual processor mac machine running MacOS 9.1. Is it possible
> that machine is missing some Library to bring up the select folder
> dialog box?

No.  I think the error must be elsewhere.  But make some simple tests
to find out.

Good luck,
- Joe

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 00:58:59 GMT
 RB 4.02 Select Folder Problem

Quote:

>   ProcessDir = SelectFolder

>   if processdir <> nil then
> .... [Some process]
>   End if

I think you've probably clipped out the error here.  Certainly nothing
in the code you've posted could cause a NilObjectException.  What's
actually inside the if statement?

Wed, 10 Nov 2004 00:04:25 GMT
 RB 4.02 Select Folder Problem

Quote:

> >   ProcessDir = SelectFolder

> >   if processdir <> nil then
> > .... [Some process]
> >   End if

> I think you've probably clipped out the error here.  Certainly nothing
> in the code you've posted could cause a NilObjectException.  What's
> actually inside the if statement?

   I know, the problem is the user get a error when he click the button.
Not when he finish selecting the folder. My code run after he select the
folder not before or while...

   After the user as selected is folder I run many check for my
application, like number of subfolder, type of file, number of file, the
folder structure... too much code to list.

Thank's anyway

Dominique

PS: One user said to me he add that problem before but when he reinstall
is machine the problem disappear.

--
Dominique U.
MacSol Computer Consulting
www.macsol.ca

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 05:58:40 GMT

1. VAST 4.02 EMSRV 6.1 password problem

2. VA 4.02 Packaging problem - attempt to modify running image

3. VisualAge for Smalltalk 4.02 - Event problem

4. 4.0 -> 4.02 File in Problems

5. VA 4.02 Interbase Problem

6. Setting the custom icons of folders with RB - No go :-(

7. Dropping folder of files onto RB application

8. Select File or Folder

9. select folder

10. SHBrowseForFolder with a pre-selected starting folder

11. ?Select vi's from different folders

12. OODialog Tree view for selecting a directory/folder