RB Novice needs help
Author Message
 RB Novice needs help

I am in a fork in the road here and need some input.

Is there a way to have a background pict in an editfield?

I dont want the background pict to print out. Is there a way to do this?

Depending on the answer to question one the may be purely an academic
question. If I cant put a background pict in an editfield how can I
tell the print function to print out the window?? I have used the
following code to print out an editfield but when I change
stp=TextField.StyledTextPrinter(g,pageWidth)
to the name of the window it doesnt work. Any suggestions

dim stp as StyledTextPrinter
dim g as graphics
dim ps as PrinterSetup
dim pageWidth as integer
dim pageHeight as integer
ps=new PrinterSetup

If PageSetup <> "" then
ps.setupString=PageSetup
pageWidth=ps.Width
pageHeight=ps.Height
g=openPrinterDialog (ps)
else
g=openPrinterDialog()
pageWidth=72*8
pageHeight=72*10
end if
If g <> nil then
stp=TextField.StyledTextPrinter(g,pageWidth)
stp.drawBlock 0, 0, pageHeight

Many thanks

J5

Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 RB Novice needs help
Is this question too tough??

J5

In article

Quote:

> I am in a fork in the road here and need some input.

> Is there a way to have a background pict in an editfield?

> I dont want the background pict to print out. Is there a way to do this?

> Depending on the answer to question one the may be purely an academic
> question. If I cant put a background pict in an editfield how can I
> tell the print function to print out the window?? I have used the
> following code to print out an editfield but when I change
> stp=TextField.StyledTextPrinter(g,pageWidth)
> to the name of the window it doesnt work. Any suggestions

> dim stp as StyledTextPrinter
> dim g as graphics
> dim ps as PrinterSetup
> dim pageWidth as integer
> dim pageHeight as integer
> ps=new PrinterSetup

> If PageSetup <> "" then
> ps.setupString=PageSetup
> pageWidth=ps.Width
> pageHeight=ps.Height
> g=openPrinterDialog (ps)
> else
> g=openPrinterDialog()
> pageWidth=72*8
> pageHeight=72*10
> end if
> If g <> nil then
> stp=TextField.StyledTextPrinter(g,pageWidth)
> stp.drawBlock 0, 0, pageHeight

> Many thanks

> J5

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 RB Novice needs help
No, but it has been answered many times in other threads on this ng that are
still visible. Simply put, if you want a picture on top of an edit field you
have to do it yourself (make your own edit field class). There have been
resources mentioned for examples, but I don't know them.

Cheers,
Jeff

Quote:
>Is this question too tough??

>J5

Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 RB Novice needs help

First, thanks for answering my post.

Second, I had considered (and seem to remember that thread) so I went
back to the Full Group List and got all the available posts. Maybe I
overlooked it, but in either case I didnt find it. I'll wait awhile and
try again at a later time.

Regards,

J5

Quote:

> No, but it has been answered many times in other threads on this ng that are
> still visible. Simply put, if you want a picture on top of an edit field you
> have to do it yourself (make your own edit field class). There have been
> resources mentioned for examples, but I don't know them.

> Cheers,
> Jeff

> >Is this question too tough??

> >J5

Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Novice Needs help with piping

2. Novice needs help with running a script through a pipe

3. Novice needs help with SQL (Max,Min, etc) queries on RealDBs

4. Allen TX C55 novice needs help

5. Novice Needs CW4.0 help

6. Novice Needs Help with complicated report design.

7. Novice needs help....

8. COBOL novice needs test help

9. Novice needs help with FX Ruby

10. Novice Needs Help with Memory Dump Program

11. Need help with Verilog (novice).

12. ASM-novice needs HELP...