Keeping datas in memory [NEWBIE]
Author Message
 Keeping datas in memory [NEWBIE]

I'm a new user of realBasic
I'd like to know if there is a way to keep datas in memroy without creating
a file to store what I want to keep
e.g : I'd like to be able to keep in memory the content of the Preferences
Folder since the last time I used my app? Is it possible?

Mon, 03 May 2004 03:17:16 GMT
 Keeping datas in memory [NEWBIE]

Quote:
>I'm a new user of realBasic
>I'd like to know if there is a way to keep datas in memroy without creating
>a file to store what I want to keep
>e.g : I'd like to be able to keep in memory the content of the Preferences
>Folder since the last time I used my app? Is it possible?

You mean, so that if someone quits your program, then runs it again, your data
are still there?

No. When your program quits, the memory it was using is (ideally) released back
to the system to be used by other programs. And in any event, when the computer
is turned off, the contents of RAM are erased.

--
"Quand la morale triomphe, il se passe des choses tres vilaines."
Literature. Art. Photography. Forums. Shareware. Kink. Sex.

Mon, 03 May 2004 03:47:17 GMT

1. Keeping previously allocated memory through INT 21,48H

2. Keeping track of memory

3. Advice on how to keep track of allocated memory

4. keep an eye on memory allocations

5. How to keep Tcl/Tk in memory?

6. Help: st80 image memory size keeps growing

7. Newbie question- how to keep a frame from shrinking

8. How can I keep all the previous datas in the same array?

9. Problems while writing to datas declared in the CODE segment

10. mac os xlf90 unformatted datas

11. SOLUTION to BLOCK DATAs and libraries...

12. BLOCK DATAs and libraries