Picture 300dpi
Author Message
 Picture 300dpi

I try different way to save a picture (without a dialog window, format
Jpeg) at 300 dpi (by using : p.verticaresolution=300 and
p.horizontalresolution=300) but none of then work. My picture is
always saved at 72 dpi.
How can I solve this problem ?

Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:34:41 GMT
 Picture 300dpi

Quote:

> I try different way to save a picture (without a dialog window, format
> Jpeg) at 300 dpi (by using : p.verticaresolution=300 and
> p.horizontalresolution=300) but none of then work. My picture is
> always saved at 72 dpi.
> How can I solve this problem ?

Save in some format other than PICT.

HTH,
- Joe

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 01:15:14 GMT
 Picture 300dpi

Quote:

> > I try different way to save a picture (without a dialog window, format
> > Jpeg) at 300 dpi (by using : p.verticaresolution=300 and
> > p.horizontalresolution=300) but none of then work. My picture is
> > always saved at 72 dpi.
> > How can I solve this problem ?

> Save in some format other than PICT.

1. I read jpeg in the original posting.
2. pict supports resolution
3. I think I have to use Realbugs to report a bug there.

This test application doesn't work with resolution:

  dim f as folderItem
  dim p as picture
  dim q as qtgraphicsExporter

  p=newpicture(1000,1000,32)
  p.verticalResolution=200
  p.horizontalResolution=200

  f=desktopfolder.child("testpicture using pict")
  f.saveAsPicture p // -> makes 72 dpi
  f=desktopfolder.child("testpicture using jpeg")
  f.saveAsjpeg p // -> makes 72 dpi

  f=desktopfolder.child("testpicture using tiff")
  q=getqTGraphicsExporter("TIFF")
  if q.SavePicture(f,p) then
  end if

Why?

Mfg
Christian

--
Firmiert Apple in Frankreich eigentlich unter "Pomme"?  ;-)

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 02:24:41 GMT
 Picture 300dpi

Quote:

> I try different way to save a picture (without a dialog window, format
> Jpeg) at 300 dpi (by using : p.verticaresolution=300 and
> p.horizontalresolution=300) but none of then work. My picture is
> always saved at 72 dpi.
> How can I solve this problem ?

The way I did this in the case of a TIFF was to parse the file header
after saving the file and change the resolution bytes directly. This was
extremely easy. m.

--

      *** REALbasic: The Definitive Guide! 2nd edition! ***
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596001770/somethingsbymatt

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:00:21 GMT

1. 300dpi graphics

2. Pictures and Picture Links in EditFields

3. picture and picture

4. Picture within a Picture Fade

5. Picture to String/String to Picture

6. Key In pictures and Pattern pictures

7. Putting transparent picture on another picture

8. rotating black line annoyance in picture box & picture b-map.

9. How to get the color of a specific point from the picture-datatype of the picture control kit?

10. how to transform LabVIEW type picture to IMAQ type picture?

11. How do I scale a picture to fit into a picture indicator?

12. How can i import a 32-bit bmp picture into a picture control?